This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How comes there are no first-time-user guide for this?
I downloaded it. But honestly I'm not sure if I used it correctly.

What are the tabs and the options in the emulator do? This is very confusing because the PS3 is more complicated than its two predecessors.

For example, how exactly do you run a game? For a new user, Boot game or Boot ELF/SELF file. And do we have to anything first before running a game? or just simple choose the Boot game or Boot ELF/SELF file option?

In the PS2 we have to set up quite a lot of things first and there are instructions. But now I'm confused about how to properly use THIS new emu and there are no "Booting a game" instruction. There are people who are not sure, of course.

Please help if you can see this.
(06-09-2015, 07:44 AM)pghjkl Wrote: I downloaded it. But honestly I'm not sure if I used it correctly.

What are the tabs and the options in the emulator do? This is very confusing because the PS3 is more complicated than its two predecessors.

For example, how exactly do you run a game? For a new user, Boot game or Boot ELF/SELF file. And do we have to anything first before running a game? or just simple choose the Boot game or Boot ELF/SELF file option?

In the PS2 we have to set up quite a lot of things first and there are instructions. But now I'm confused about how to properly use THIS new emu and there are no "Booting a game" instruction. There are people who are not sure, of course.

Please help if you can see this.

There isn't really anything to run. I honestly think there's no reason to have instructions for getting any games, when you are going to be greeted by access violations or other errors. Or in some rare cases a intro video, a menu or even a glitchy mess of in-game graphics (deformed people, weird textures, 1-2fps).

TL;DR: At the current state RPCS3 isn't meant for the average user and you wont be playing any good games.
You can play Sonic CD pretty well =) And installation is straight-forward. Don't why why you would want that since there is PC version but...