This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HCA audio format help
Hi, there!

I've been struggling to find a converter for an audio file(WAV, MP3, doesn't matter) to HCA. I read on this site that someone mentioned JPCSP has managed to decode HCA files.
Excerpt:
"It seems that the Jpcsp Team has got the point about how to decode HCA files. HCA audio can be played now (e.g. Ore no Imouto)."
A message from October 29, 2012

So, does anyone(I'm mostly referring to the JPCS devs) know more on that matter?
I found a converter but it doesn't work. Something about Invalid parameter at the end or... I don't know. I forgot.
All this is about Naruto Storm Revolution. I've managed to open a .cpk file. Extract a awb file. Extract it and got many .hca files. Which I can convert to WAV but that's all. And I want to change some music, sounds.

P.S. Hope I'm posting this in the right place.
(10-02-2014, 09:01 PM)Uchiha Wrote: Hi, there!

I've been struggling to find a converter for an audio file(WAV, MP3, doesn't matter) to HCA. I read on this site that someone mentioned JPCSP has managed to decode HCA files.
Excerpt:
"It seems that the Jpcsp Team has got the point about how to decode HCA files. HCA audio can be played now (e.g. Ore no Imouto)."
A message from October 29, 2012

So, does anyone(I'm mostly referring to the JPCS devs) know more on that matter?
I found a converter but it doesn't work. Something about Invalid parameter at the end or... I don't know. I forgot.
All this is about Naruto Storm Revolution. I've managed to open a .cpk file. Extract a awb file. Extract it and got many .hca files. Which I can convert to WAV but that's all. And I want to change some music, sounds.

P.S. Hope I'm posting this in the right place.
Sorry, there is nothing specific in Jpcsp to support this format... If this format can be played by any game, then it must be decoded internally by the game itself. The PSP (and hence Jpcsp) supports only the following audio decoders: AAC, Atrac3, Atrac3+ and MP3.

By looking at the game specific threads for "Ore no Imouto", I could not find any reference to HCA...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I see. Then maybe the guy who wrote that meant Atrac3 or some other format.
I also read that the exe of the game itself decodes internally, as you said, the sound file. As far as I understood, AWB is a container for HCA files and it goes with ACB files which provide cue or something. I'm not much familiar with these audio codecs and processing stuff but I got intrigued.
Anyway, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Smile
Mybe this can help you http://hcs64.com/mboard/forumlong.php