This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some games freeze my system completely
(12-18-2014, 04:35 PM)DaHandy Wrote:
(12-18-2014, 03:06 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: I've never seen that happen on on ne PC's because UI usually runs in separate thread so no freezing on multicore CPUs. (Though insane lagging/ constant no response is still possible)

Just a note here: Threads have nothing to do with CPU cores, threads & processes are OS specific... Single core can run multiple threads, so no freezing on single core either (with a proper OS). Wink

Nope. Multiple threads can run on 1 core, true, but not at the same time (without HT anyway). They will be switching places so if one freezes it can freeze PC completely (and it happened on my old PC a lot there everything froze with no response, just still image).

Messages In This Thread
Some games freeze my system completely - by ps0ne - 12-15-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Some games freeze my system completely - by flashmozzg - 12-18-2014, 06:08 PM