This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PPU LLVM JIT Repository Early Testing
i can compile just fine here in Release x64, but i get error c00000022 when starting the app.
I suspect the issue occurs because I used the pext (part of the BMI2 instruction set) instruction to optimize handling of the PPU's CR register. It turns out this instruction is available only on Haswell microarchitecture and newer processors. In case you are using a processor with an older microarchitecture, this should cause a crash.

People who are seeing the crash, can you please let me know if you are using a CPU older than Haswell or not? If this is the case, I will make a solution for this over the weekend.
(09-18-2014, 11:27 AM)gopalsr83 Wrote: I suspect the issue occurs because I used the pext (part of the BMI2 instruction set) instruction to optimize handling of the PPU's CR register. It turns out this instruction is available only on Haswell microarchitecture and newer processors. In case you are using a processor with an older microarchitecture, this should cause a crash.

People who are seeing the crash, can you please let me know if you are using a CPU older than Haswell or not? If this is the case, I will make a solution for this over the weekend.

i have the crash. here's what i'm using:
http://i.imgur.com/Zobnx6a.png
http://ark.intel.com/products/65693/Inte...e-3_30-GHz

edit: and btw, mr gopalsr, i can't wait to see a working environment for linux operating systems Smile
(09-18-2014, 11:27 AM)gopalsr83 Wrote: I suspect the issue occurs because I used the pext (part of the BMI2 instruction set) instruction to optimize handling of the PPU's CR register. It turns out this instruction is available only on Haswell microarchitecture and newer processors. In case you are using a processor with an older microarchitecture, this should cause a crash.

I'm using I7-3770k (idk Haswell or not?)

Ooh, okay..my it's "Ivy Bridge", Haswell starts with 4k+ names i think...
ZeCoxao, Darkriot, it looks like you are using Ivy Bridge processors that do not support the BMI2 instruction set. I made a commit a few minutes ago to disable the recompiler from generating BMI instructions. If possible please update your repositories and let me know if the crash is still occurring or not.

Thanks

edit: ZeCoxao, I do not have a Linux machine at the moment. This weekend, I will build a Linux VM and try to fix the compilation issues.
(09-18-2014, 12:12 PM)gopalsr83 Wrote: ZeCoxao, Darkriot, it looks like you are using Ivy Bridge processors that do not support the BMI2 instruction set. I made a commit a few minutes ago to disable the recompiler from generating BMI instructions. If possible please update your repositories and let me know if the crash is still occurring or not.

Thanks

edit: ZeCoxao, I do not have a Linux machine at the moment. This weekend, I will build a Linux VM and try to fix the compilation issues.

I understand this is early, but it would be nice to make it detect if you are running Haswell and enable the use of BMI2 instruction set in that case.
(09-18-2014, 12:12 PM)gopalsr83 Wrote: ZeCoxao, Darkriot, it looks like you are using Ivy Bridge processors that do not support the BMI2 instruction set. I made a commit a few minutes ago to disable the recompiler from generating BMI instructions. If possible please update your repositories and let me know if the crash is still occurring or not.

Thanks

On Pentium also crash.
still crashes here, same error.
(09-18-2014, 01:23 PM)Cyrax_X(Ru4slan has banned) Wrote:

Thanks

On Pentium also crash.

"Pentium" hahaha =D

WOW, 34 FPS IN DOOM!!!! OOH MY GOD (Sorry for caps, that feelings)
I'm Using Intel core i7-3770k (3800 ghz), it's very nice!

Download this sweety here: http://rghost.ru/58082409

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Excellent that Sonic CD almost got full speed now both menu and in-game(40FPS).

[raven02]