This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PPU LLVM JIT Repository Early Testing
(10-18-2014, 09:56 PM)Dante38490 Wrote: Yep Smile is Here http://rghost.net/58597622

Is it just me, or is for instance the Disgaea 3 intro running at ~5-10 fps and about 3-4% cpu usage?

Edit: The main branch does this as well. Someone really messed something up it seems.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Disgaea 3 runs pretty quick now than before using latest PPU recompiler build.

Title : 37FPS

In-game : 5-6 FPS

The GCM sample , cube_mrt.elf runs very fast in 720x480 now

Previous : 13-16 FPS
Current : 38-45 FPS

(10-19-2014, 12:48 AM)ssshadow Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 09:56 PM)Dante38490 Wrote: Yep Smile is Here http://rghost.net/58597622

Is it just me, or is for instance the Disgaea 3 intro running at ~5-10 fps and about 3-4% cpu usage?

Edit: The main branch does this as well. Someone really messed something up it seems.

If i open chrome with the emulator it works fine if i close it works 5-10 fps
and another report with guided fate paradox you need more than 4 cores
with i5 intro works 5-10 with i7 50-60
this game uses all 4 cores with i5
You think it depends on the cores?

My core i5 2500k @ 4,3ghz also runs paradox only witz 7-13fps. But my i7 q3610m in my laptop has 8 threads and its not running at 100% like my 2500k, only with 80-85% on all threads but even there i am still getting only 10-15fps. (well its a laptop maybe its different on desktop, can be that the clock is limiting here but who knows)

I think threads will not help much, its time for intel to release some mainstream 8cores, hopefully within the next two gens..

Need a reason to upgrade my 2500k xD
(10-20-2014, 10:05 AM)HyPeR Wrote: You think it depends on the cores?

My core i5 2500k @ 4,3ghz also runs paradox only witz 7-13fps. But my i7 q3610m in my laptop has 8 threads and its not running at 100% like my 2500k, only with 80-85% on all threads but even there i am still getting only 10-15fps. (well its a laptop maybe its different on desktop, can be that the clock is limiting here but who knows)

I think threads will not help much, its time for intel to release some mainstream 8cores, hopefully within the next two gens..

Need a reason to upgrade my 2500k xD

they already released 8 cores but only For i7 extreme
and did you use the newest rpcs3 for test?
you see with disgaea 3 i get 55-70 fps
guided fate paradox only gives me like i mentioned it weird
yes of course i used the newest rpcs3 version^^

well i7 extreme is nowhere near mainstream xD
(10-20-2014, 08:47 AM)leon112211 Wrote:
(10-19-2014, 12:48 AM)ssshadow Wrote:

If i open chrome with the emulator it works fine if i close it works 5-10 fps
and another report with guided fate paradox you need more than 4 cores
with i5 intro works 5-10 with i7 50-60
this game uses all 4 cores with i5

?

This is some strange bug with the emulator. I can get really good speed, like 70 fps on the opening video for some very short or very long period of time, but eventually frame rate just drops to nothing, like 6 fps right now. This happens at the same time as rpcs3.exe frees like 1 gb (!) of memory too for whatever reason.

But whatever, this is a WIP.

EDIT: Performance can go both ways, TGFP went from 25 -> 70 fps while cpu usage went from 60 % -> 40 %. A wild and uneducated guess would be cache misses, branch prediction doing the wrong predictions, or similar. CPU clock was consistently 2,8 ghz.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(10-20-2014, 09:49 PM)ssshadow Wrote: ?

This is some strange bug with the emulator. I can get really good speed, like 70 fps on the opening video for some very short or very long period of time, but eventually frame rate just drops to nothing, like 6 fps right now. This happens at the same time as rpcs3.exe frees like 1 gb (!) of memory too for whatever reason.

EDIT: Performance can go both ways, TGFP went from 25 -> 70 fps while cpu usage went from 60 % -> 40 %. A wild and uneducated guess would be cache misses, branch prediction doing the wrong predictions, or similar. CPU clock was consistently 2,8 ghz.

The algorithm the JIT recompiler uses to detect which basic blocks of code need to be compiled is very simplistic and inefficient and results in the same basic block being compiled more than once. Ideally each block must be recompiled only once. This has the following negative effects:

1. The recompiler ends up using a lot of memory
2. It takes more time than what is ideally required to recompile a section of the code.
3. It produces a lot of code which can cause caches to overflow.

I am working on a more intelligent algorithm which should hopefully fix the issues that you are seeing.
(10-21-2014, 06:12 AM)gopalsr83 Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 09:49 PM)ssshadow Wrote: ?

The algorithm the JIT recompiler uses to detect which basic blocks of code need to be compiled is very simplistic and inefficient and results in the same basic block being compiled more than once. Ideally each block must be recompiled only once. This has the following negative effects:

1. The recompiler ends up using a lot of memory
2. It takes more time than what is ideally required to recompile a section of the code.
3. It produces a lot of code which can cause caches to overflow.

I am working on a more intelligent algorithm which should hopefully fix the issues that you are seeing.

Ooh, thanks. We will be wait for this fix Sleepy