This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone here know of this PS4 emulator?
(04-01-2014, 04:59 PM)Ashe Wrote: I don't need to look at that page, I know how the Xbox 360 works Wink
As for Xeon: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/xeon.html

oh ok
Xeon is an Xbox emulator. Ben Vanik's working on an emulator for Xbox 360 called Xenia:

https://github.com/benvanik/xenia

Xenia can now run a commercial game as well, so it's progressing much like this project here has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAk0_jidpA0
(04-01-2014, 07:09 PM)bellysaga Wrote: Xeon is an Xbox emulator. Ben Vanik's working on an emulator for Xbox 360 called Xenia:

https://github.com/benvanik/xenia

Xenia can now run a commercial game as well, so it's progressing much like this project here has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAk0_jidpA0

Great work of Xenia and Rpcs3 team! Anyway you are Ps4Emx coder,any news about this?I feel if you want that your project grow you must commit something. Of sure if it will be a good and interesting work many other coder will fork your repo and the project will grow fast! Sorry for my English! Angel
There are a few forks of PS4EMX already. I was added as a direct collaborator by ghaststeam (the project creator) upon request and so was another user, I think. I haven't done much of anything yet because there's no word on where to start exactly, besides the "Roadmap." There are no homebrews yet, and I don't really know what to work on, so I added a basic GUI (which is terrible, as I had to learn how to use the Windows API for the first time since it's targeted for Windows only as of now; no cross-platform libraries were recommended, like SDL). There's the possibility that Bochs can be optimized to emulate the 8-cores, and I've begun working on it, but it's a major pain in the ass to get it right.

I was thinking of a few ways to improve the progress, but it's likely a long road ahead and I would be surprised if it went anywhere anytime soon.

Basically, think of it as a the writers' block of "commits" for now. Wink
I fork PS4EMX and I was thinking of redoing the GUI for cross-platform with SDL or such (is that ok?). I also notice you forked rpcs3 @bellysaga and you are going to emulate the boot process? How if some of the BIOS is encrypted and no GPU documentation?

Would love to know the plans!
(04-01-2014, 09:26 PM)mushroom Wrote: I fork PS4EMX and I was thinking of redoing the GUI for cross-platform with SDL or such (is that ok?). I also notice you forked rpcs3 @bellysaga and you are going to emulate the boot process? How if some of the BIOS is encrypted and no GPU documentation?

Would love to know the plans!

Yeah, add whatever you want ( at this point almost anything will help). As for the encryption in the BIOS, that's not much of an issue at all. The GPU is a slightly customized Radeon 7970 with disabled stream processors; Mantle will do perfectly.

There are no plans exactly, but plenty of options.
I don't get how OpenCL shading is to be recompiled? How will you are going to do that and why for, because can't you just direct the same shading code to an OpenCL-compatible GPU, like with OpenGL? What would recompiling it do?
(04-03-2014, 04:57 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: Moved outside RPCS3 forum.

I don't see any evidence that PS4EMX can progress for some time with the resources that are actually out there. Even assuming the author doesn't care about knowing how the PS4 binaries look like or having a toolchain, documentation, or any information about the system, its security mechanisms, etc. because he doesn't want to HLE the PS4, there is *still* not enough HW documentation to make a LLE. So far I have not seen a single commit that contained something useful. I could do the same about the XboxOne and WiiU and claim that I made the first emulation project about these consoles.

Seriously, this kind of stuff makes this project lose all its credibility:
https://github.com/ghaststeam/PS4EMX/com...f1564084e5
https://github.com/ghaststeam/PS4EMX/com...0a34c86595
(+ lots of empty commits)

Sorry if my reaction is a bit harsh, but this sounds mostly like bullshit. Telling that there are loooots of options doesn't say shit about PS4EMX, *what* options are there? Saying that there is no plan is even worse, *what* is your target then? If you don't have one, the project is basically fucked up. If the plan is the list of goals from the roadmap, please, tell me *how* the heck is that going to be done without proper information? And no, so far PSDevWikiTongueS4 hasn't enough information yet even for doing a draft.
I agree with you..
*sigh* This is the same way the project on SourceForge was closed down. The admin. was notified that code will be added to GitHub as soon as the contributor gained access to a Git-client, but the project was closed two days before that, despite adding code to the repository. The main source files and documentation were never added, so I don't know what other info. ghaststeam had, since I think he was banned from SourceForge. He had a Git account and a the PS4EMX project is still tied as his project, however, he's not involved in the project anymore.

He had supposedly reverse engineered the PS4 and got more info, but never released any (at least not that I know of). I was waiting, but he said he's done with it, so he transferred control to me and that was it. Those commits Alex linked to were done by a user named embrendassy who was given direct access time ago, but not anymore.

At the time being I'm gonna have to agree with you that PS4 EMX is crap as for now, but if anything comes up or if I get anything ironed out I'll definitely commit and share the progress of course.

Point being things were going good, but the main developer quit and progress halted. The only people now who are making pull requests/forks seem to be trolls, at least some of them. Let's see what happens in the near future and what I can get done.
(04-03-2014, 06:23 PM)bellysaga Wrote: *sigh* This is the same way the project on SourceForge was closed down. The admin. was notified that code will be added to GitHub as soon as the contributor gained access to a Git-client, but the project was closed two days before that, despite adding code to the repository. The main source files and documentation were never added, so I don't know what other info. ghaststeam had, since I think he was banned from SourceForge. He had a Git account and a the PS4EMX project is still tied as his project, however, he's not involved in the project anymore.

He had supposedly reverse engineered the PS4 and got more info, but never released any (at least not that I know of). I was waiting, but he said he's done with it, so he transferred control to me and that was it. Those commits Alex linked to were done by a user named embrendassy who was given direct access time ago, but not anymore.

At the time being I'm gonna have to agree with you that PS4 EMX is crap as for now, but if anything comes up or if I get anything ironed out I'll definitely commit and share the progress of course.

Point being things were going good, but the main developer quit and progress halted. The only people now who are making pull requests/forks seem to be trolls, at least some of them. Let's see what happens in the near future and what I can get done.

I hope we'll see soon some decent code commit soon :-) anyway it seem that you are working also on rpcs3,you had forked 13 days ago,have you done yet something? I think ps3 emulation on this moment it is more realistic than Ps4 emulation (for now ;-) )