This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get a PSP-3000? wait it out for Vita?
I rather look at an upscaled image than get neck strain looking down and eye strain looking at a small screen.

If the west market for psp was nonexistant then they need to see why.

It wasnt nonexistant tho.

Although for the vita it may well be.

Not a major issue for me, I can live without one, if they do a vita 2000 with video out I may reconsider, if not I will wait for an emu or something.
Dude, you're doing it wrong, buy home console.

Did you even take a look at psp game release for the entirety of this year?
Doing what wrong, a home console cant play psp exclusive games, I already told you that.

The PSP has the best RPGs of this gen.

Also I already have a home console as well as a pc for gaming Wink
I wonder what rpg are you talking about, it does have trails in the sky but it's far from the best and it would look like a turd upscaled. Meh, ymmv I guess.
you may have (not) worked out yet I dont care about graphics Smile
If you can wait until the vita comes out you should wait and get a psp then because it will probably get another price drop, then get the Vita a few months down the line after they release a new version or 2 of the vita with bug fixes and possibly a price drop.

(11-29-2011, 09:04 PM)chrcol Wrote: Doing what wrong, a home console cant play psp exclusive games, I already told you that.

The PSP has the best RPGs of this gen.

Also I already have a home console as well as a pc for gaming Wink

And can you tell me which rpg's you're talking about so I can look into them?

I know I'm about to buy a PS3 and get Gundam Extreme Vs, Super robot Taisen OG2 when it comes out, Gundam Crossfire and possibly Battlefield there was a few other but i forgot their names lol.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
I would personally says Legend of Heroes Trails series to be the contender. But most people would probably refer to FF Type-0 or SE's stuff.
The 3rd birthday is also a good game.Dissidia is fun and kingdom hearts birth by sleep is very popular
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
if you live in europe, you can also go for psp-e1000. it's around 20-30% cheaper than a 3000, though at the cost of no wifi/adhoc, no video out and a non-replaceable battery.

other than the wifi it's a fully functional psp though.
To be honest, I got my PSP-3000 solely for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. I think it's more fun than FF7 Crisis Core; but that's just my opinion Tongue I would consider buying a PSP-3000 off of Amazon, but I don't know if they ship to Europe or not. I got my PSP-3000 for $130 (possibly one cent less), the same price Sony had it for, although Sony would've charged me tax, and Amazon didn't. True, Amazon doesn't ship to Ecuador [EDIT NOTE: Sony doesn't either, in fact, everybody with low prices doesn't seem to], they shipped it to a mail/freight forwarder [EDIT NOTE: Sony would NOT ship to a freight forwarder. After I ordered it, they rejected the order because they said they don't ship to freight forwarders] and I got my PSP within 3 weeks of ordering it; a breakthrough in Ecuador mail! LOL.

Regarding Wi-Fi, I hardly use it; sometimes it's nice for Skype, and for [extremely slow] internet browsing, I can't play any of my games online. KHBBS doesn't use online play, it uses local play, and there probably aren't any PSP owners within 10 sq miles of me, let alone 100 ft. LOL.

I didn't know there was no video out on the e1000, but....

I got my video cable, and I hardly use it anymore (unless I want my family to watch cutscenes Tongue ). It just looks awful on my CRT [yeah you're still in shock, yes CRT. Take a deep breath...], and as much as I wish I could enlarge it to full screen [yes, even though the picture looks awful at 1/2 - 2/3 screen], I can't [the FuSa plugin only works for 2000 I believe].

Regarding replaceable battery, as I said, the only reason I got my console was for BBS, so I keep my PSP plugged in 24/7 (is this bad for the battery, in regards to battery life? Or what if I fully shut down my PSP, unplug, and then plug back in when I want to use it before turning on? Which is better?), so the battery life doesn't matter to me quite as much. Again, you should think about how you're going to use it. The few times we travel out of town, we take a bus [yes cars in Ecuador are expensive, and we spent all of our money moving here lol], and since Ecuador is a big place for stuff getting stolen, I'd rather not risk it], so I don't need to worry about the battery going out on me.

Also, I believe there is only one speaker, so you get mono-sound. This may be a concern to some people who want the more real sounding stereo. Personally, I probably wouldn't care, but I can't say for sure as I don't have the mono to see what it sounds like.

Regarding getting a Vita, you can ONLY play PSP games that were released on the PSN, and KHBBS is not one of them. However, you do get other tight hits like Dissidia Final Fantasy, although I don't think they have Crisis Core (I could be wrong). Also, at the current time, it can't play PS One Classics (or in other words, none at all I believe). Although, to be honest, I'm rather mad at Sony for wanting me to buy my PS One games again. I already bought nearly EVERY Final Fantasy game for the PS One (this was years after I had my PS2.....LOL), and Sony wants me to buy them again. So sad, really. Even more sad my mom won't fix my PayPal card....lol.

Also, with the Vita, you supposedly get 3-5 hours of gaming life. I believe this is a fair amount less than what the PSP offers (at least with the upgraded battery, not sure about the standard), and the battery isn't replaceable.

My conclusion: Find out what you want/need your gaming console for (yes, I NEEDed my PSP), how much money you have and are willing to spend, etc. I would recommend sticking with the PSP-3000 for now; if you can't find it near you, try shipping through Amazon (they don't ship to all countries, as I said, they don't ship to Ecuador), or possibly consider shipping through a buddy in the States, or somewhere where they will ship to. Or a mail forwarder is always nice (what i used). Or if they have PSP-e1000 near you....go for it. I think that would be an even better choice, but again, what you need it for. If you need it for WiFi, or if you need dual speakers, or video out, stick with the 3000. Unless you really want the new (and expensive) games for the Vita, I wouldn't consider it.

You're a rock star if you read all of what I typed Big Grin Thanks for reading.