This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Proposal for default settings
Hi Jpcsp community,

I would like to make the following changes in the default settings. This might help non-experienced users to get the "best" configuration settings by default.
Of course, there are always exceptions, depending on hardware or selected application, but this combination seems to me the best try:

Video Options:
- [X] Use vertex cache
- [X] Use shaders
- [X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
- [X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)

Media Options:
- [X] Use Media Engine
- [X] Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)

Compiler Option:
- [50] Maximum method size

Crypto Option:
- [X] Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder

Video Resize: 2x

What is your opinion on this change?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
It's a good change for the new users,and in my opinion, add this
Memory Option:
-[X] Ignore invalid memory acess (not recommendded for test reports, but improves performance)
It's ok.
Yes,It's a good change .
I think that that remain disable Ignore invalid memory acesss better to report bug.