This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predecoding sound files
Howdy,

I've been using at3tool for my sound decoding. However, decoding many short voice clips on the fly is making the game do a quick skip before every sound clip as it decodes the next. If I restart the game after it has decoded those, performance obviously gets a whole lot better.

Is there a way that I can predecode all the music in the game files to the tmp folder with the filenames jpcsp would expect so that the emulator doesn't have to decode everything as it goes?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but have you already tried the option "Extract media files to tmp folder" from the Media tab of JPCSP Configuration?
Yes, but the first time I run through, the emulator still has to decode the audio it hasn't seen before. What I'm aspiring to is to decode ALL of the media files in an ISO, then play without having to decode on the fly.
until either hykem returns with at3+ ffmpeg implementation or gid implements optional support for the open source at3+ codec (the one ppsspp started using recently. it works much better than at3tool or atrac3plus2wav, but there's a suspicion it was made with sony's decompiled code which is illegal, and so, no emulator will bundle it the same way none of them bundle the exe tools), that's unavoidable.

there's no way to get all the sounds either, especially for games that keep them compressed inside an archive. they need to be extracted and then renamed to the correct format.
Oh, that's a bummer. Thanks for responding regardless.