This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank white screen and nothing else
I downloaded JPCSP and attempted to run Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. I am using 64-bit WIndows 8, with both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Java. When i double click the batch file, i get this:
[Image: Poopybagels_zpsdcb4df83.png]

There doesn't seem to be a problem, right? At this point, there is nothing in the command prompt but
"Running Jpcsp 32-bit...."

So, i try to load any iso or cso, and i get the exact same blank screen, with no fps counter. However, it does display the game's title. If i use the debug menu to open the logger, nothing comes up. WHOO!

When this happens, the command prompt gives me a bunch of stuff that i can't copy and paste for obvious reasons, so i'll screencap it instead.

[Image: Poopybagels_zpsc7fa56ef.png]

Now, if i close it out and reopen it, it works, sometimes. However, it usually doesn't. When it does work, it's too slow to be playable, and i look to find that all my configuration and controls have been reverted to the default settings. Reverting to the default settings while the emulator is already in an unplayable state doesn't seem to do anything.

So, how do i fix this? i'd much rather be eating donuts or shagging camels or, you know, killing Unversed.
I fixed it on my own, but i'm posting the solution here for anyone who Googled this.

Press F12, go to the video tab, and uncheck everything that mentions shaders. No idea why, but this works.,
your graphic card is probably too old to support correct shaders. the games will work much slower for you, and many of the effects won't be emulated right.

that or you have two cards, and java defaults to the built in legacy card rather than the dedicated gaming one.
(06-05-2013, 10:57 AM)serio Wrote: your graphic card is probably too old to support correct shaders. the games will work much slower for you, and many of the effects won't be emulated right.

that or you have two cards, and java defaults to the built in legacy card rather than the dedicated gaming one.

My graphics card is out of date. I'm planning on replacing it. I bought this laptop used, and everything but the card was top of the line. Thank you for your help!
Actually, after looking, i found that i do have two graphics cards. I'll see if i can remedy this without spending money and learning to solder.
Code:
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
at org.lwjgl.opengl.EXTGeometryShader4.glProgramParameteriEXT(EXTGeometryShader4.java:71)
Is this fixed by r3205?

Rem.: if the problem is not fixed, the issue is only triggered when using at least these 2 options:
Code:
[X] Use shaders
[X] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
Just disabling the geometry shader is sufficient to fix the issue.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Yeah, r3205 fixed it.