This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic issues with JPSCP starting with r3137 (Log included)
(Sorry. by accident I put this topic on the general discussion section, instead of putting it here n.nU)

Hello. Recently downloaded JPCSP r3148 and I noticed that when not having checked the option "Disable Optimized VertexInfo Reading (May improve compatibility)" in the emulator. All of the games I used to play, now the graphics look all glitched. Here are some screenshots from Digimon Adventure and Digimon World Re: Digitize:

I tested older builds and I noticed the glitch was already on r3137, which is the one which got the following commit log on the builds page:

Quote:Fixed graphics issues when using the Vertex Cache with Shaders enabled: GU_INDEXed vertices were sometimes incorrectly merged into a multi-draw.

I think that build was the one who started the problem when not having checked the "Disable Optimized VertexInfo Reading (May improve compatibility)" option in the emulator.

Now when that option is checked, the graphics look all correctly, but there is a problem with that option which is that after a playing a bit, it crashes Digimon World Re: Digitize. The only way to play that game correctly is with that option unchecked. Not to mention you get more speed when you have that option unchecked.

But now with that glitch on the graphics, it renders the game unplayable at the point that even the intro video of Re: Digitize all you get is a black screen with just sound, when before that video played correctly with or without the mentioned option checked.

I say the issue started with r3137 because I tested r3133 and on that one the games still work perfectly with the "Disable Optimized VertexInfo Reading (May improve compatibility)" option unchecked, not to mention that all of the builds prior r3137 didn't got modifications on the graphics side.

Doing other tests I noticed that if I uncheck the use vertex cache option, the games shows the graphics correctly with the "Disable Optimized VertexInfo Reading (May improve compatibility)" option unchecked, but the bad thing is that that games become really really slow, so no go there, and I can't uncheck the use shaders options because it results in losing some graphics (for example you don't see the Digimon World ReBig Grinigitize logo, nor the background on the main menu screen).

Now I'm sure the problem has to do with the fix made on r3137 since it involves the use of shaders and vertex cache. The fix did caused errors on other games like the digimon ones who were working fine for a while now.

I don't know if a log is necesary, seeing as that this time we can tell which revision started the issue. if you need it just tell me, and tell me exactly where I have to stop the game. My guess is that with just loading it, since with digimon adventure, the graphic glitches start with the very first screen you see when the game starts running which is a loading screen (screenshot of it included on the attachments on this post).

Edit: just added a log file I got with r3137, since the problem started in that one and has remained on the next revisions including the latest one which is r3148.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 647.14 KB / Downloads: 113)
Sorry for double posting. Is just that I noticed that a few new builds of JPCSP got released and yet, the problem I stated on my other post here is still there.

Is there any other info you need to look at that issue?

Thanks in advance Smile
Can someone else reproduce the problem with these games?
Just wanted to check if this is hardware dependent.

From the log, the following video options were set:
Code:
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI - Configuration / Video
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Use vertex cache
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Use shaders
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Save Stencil to Memory (more accurate but slower)
18:16:33  INFO      emu - GUI -     [ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I don't have these games, but why have all these options enabled ?
Who knows what is causing problems.
Lpatamon, if you can't disable shaders and vertex cashe, disable EVERYTHING alse, maybe not just "saving ge screen to textures" and see if problem still remain.
(05-23-2013, 09:20 AM)digiadventures Wrote: I don't have these games, but why have all these options enabled ?
Who knows what is causing problems.
Lpatamon, if you can't disable shaders and vertex cashe, disable EVERYTHING alse, maybe not just "saving ge screen to textures" and see if problem still remain.

My reason to have those options checked is because I get better game speed on the games I play and it never gave me problems at all till r3137.

I tried your suggestion and I came up with something. I disabled all my video options except use shaders, use vertex shader and saving ge screen to textures and the game showed the graphics correctly with the disable optimized vertex shader option unchecked. After that I went checking again option by option I had enabled and the game kept showing correctly. It was then that I noticed that when having my video options back to how I have them except for the Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache) one, the game runs shows correctly, but again, I get a drop down on the speed Sad

So far, I have noticed that the graphic issue when not having the disable optimized vertex cache option checked, gets fixed with unchecking either Enable Vao or Enable Vertex Cache (it corrects also unchecking use Vertex Shaders but that results in loss of some textures). So maybe something in the code on that part is messing the use of the emulator without the disable optimized vertex shader option checked.

I used that video configuration based on other users who have it like that to play the digimon games correctly, mostly digimon adventure, or else you get very low speeds on that one and a bit of low speed on Re: Digitize too.