This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP is eating away all my RAM
psp 
I know that Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is not on the list of compatible games, but i don't think that is the reason the emulator is eating away 78% of a 4GB RAM computer.

I'm almost sure there is something wrong with my configuration, but I can't figure out what. Any ideas would be appreciated.
that's normal, Java allocates ram for the virtual machine (JVM) so if the -xmx size is 1024 that's going to eat 1 gig of ram, give or take a few hundred megs. (the higher the -xmx size the more ram it will take), if you want it to use less ram then you can try lowering the xmx value to 512 but you might get out of memory issues in jpcsp., you can change this value in the .bat file or in the launcher if you use it.
(08-26-2012, 11:53 PM)hyakki Wrote: that's normal, Java allocates ram for the virtual machine (JVM) so if the -xmx size is 1024 that's going to eat 1 gig of ram, give or take a few hundred megs. (the higher the -xmx size the more ram it will take), if you want it to use less ram then you can try lowering the xmx value to 512 but you might get out of memory issues in jpcsp., you can change this value in the .bat file or in the launcher if you use it.

Thank you really much. It worked just fine Smile
Same thing here my friend, i have to wait 10 secs for the start menu to open while jpcsp is on... but hey, atleast eating all the ram in jpcsp is better than getting ur computer overheated in pcsx2 (80C for me!!)..
[Image: vincent_valentine_signature_by_rui_eri-d2zbu8z.png]
(08-30-2012, 03:57 PM)abood555 Wrote: Same thing here my friend, i have to wait 10 secs for the start menu to open while jpcsp is on... but hey, atleast eating all the ram in jpcsp is better than getting ur computer overheated in pcsx2 (80C for me!!)..

the slowdown is most likely caused by not having enough ram and java is forced to use the system pagefile to make up for the lack of physical ram, the pagefile is stored on the hard-drive and is much slower then ram (esp if you have a very slow hard drive, or if its severly fragmented) causing an overall system slowdown
(08-30-2012, 07:58 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 03:57 PM)abood555 Wrote: Same thing here my friend, i have to wait 10 secs for the start menu to open while jpcsp is on... but hey, atleast eating all the ram in jpcsp is better than getting ur computer overheated in pcsx2 (80C for me!!)..

the slowdown is most likely caused by not having enough ram and java is forced to use the system pagefile to make up for the lack of physical ram, the pagefile is stored on the hard-drive and is much slower then ram (esp if you have a very slow hard drive, or if its severly fragmented) causing an overall system slowdown

how do i know if my hard drive is slow or not?
[Image: vincent_valentine_signature_by_rui_eri-d2zbu8z.png]
Because on his description will appear an "RPM" numer. Midle desktop and common laptops HDD should be 5400 rpm; fastest HDD will be on 7200.
[Image: montcer.png]