This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r3088 volume problem
i noticed that since several versions, some games have their sound/music at extremely low value. i narrowed it down to r3088, which apparently was responsible for changing it.

Quote:Improved volume handling in sceAtrac:
- added check on valid volume values
- negative volume means no channel volume change
- SRCChannel has another special volume handling
the game i tried it with was prinny 2. the stereo at3 sound/music in that game became so quiet you can barely hear it. mono at3 still plays pretty loud though.
Could you post an INFO with these lines added in LogSettings.xml
Code:
<logger name='hle.sceAudio'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceAtrac3plus'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
Stop the log while playing one of these sounds with low volume (so that I can find out in the log file which one is causing the issue).

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
2 logs attached, one for the two sound ones, one for compiler.

i wonder if maybe this'll also show the problem that causes sound effects not to play in this game. it was around since as far as i could test (2940, buildbot no longer seems to host anything pre-3000 after the crash).

Attached Files
.7z   logs3109.7z (Size: 392.71 KB / Downloads: 95)
r3127, the music now plays at proper volume.

sound effects still don't play, but that's not really related to this problem since as far as i remember they never played. something else that's probably not at3 related's still not implemented or not fully done yet i guess.

regular logs don't seem to show any info on what type of sound plays (or that anything even tries to play when it should). i can't check what format they are in the game files either, because the sound file's compressed with some non-standard compression unlike everything else.

they do play in ppsspp, though they're very glichy. i wonder if their implementation of whatever format is used for the sounds could help here.