This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"java not found or recognized"
i'v been here for the past 4 hours pulling mhy hair out to play kingdom hearts and nothing will work i'll be forever indebted to whoever helps
Which version of JPCSP are you running (what rev and what architecture), and which version(s) of Java do you have? 64-bit JPCSP requires 64-bit Java, which isn't the version most Windows users will get if they go to www.java.com and hit the "Agree and start free download" button. You need to look at all the Java downloads and select the one that matches your copy of JPCSP.
Getting the same error as tr3vis, but am using x86 java with x86 JPCSP. One thing worth noting however is when I installed Java I got an error saying browser launch error 740. I googled it but nothing comes up. No idea if that ruined my java install but I can see it in my list of installed programs.
have you tried starting Jpcsp as administrator?

Also make sure as said above your version matches jpcsp,
Java 32 bit should only be used with 32bit Jpcsp.
and Java 64-bit be used with the Jpcsp 64-bit.

You can quickly Identify what version you have installed by going to
(64bit OS)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\ = 32 Bit
C:\Program Files\Java\ = 64 bit

for a 32bit OS you can only install the 32bit one.
dos 
Update: Solved my issue by editing start-windows-x86.bat entries looking for jre6 to jre7
(04-28-2013, 11:33 AM)ichigo2862 Wrote: Update: Solved my issue by editing start-windows-x86.bat entries looking for jre6 to jre7

How did you do that?
(04-28-2013, 12:19 PM)re re Wrote:
(04-28-2013, 11:33 AM)ichigo2862 Wrote: Update: Solved my issue by editing start-windows-x86.bat entries looking for jre6 to jre7

How did you do that?
Back it up before you edit in case you make a mistake.

right click the file, edit. That should open it in notepad. Looked for all entries in the text that said jre6 and changed it to jre7, saved. Back it up before you edit in case you make a mistake.
java latest version not working with emulator jpcsp

even edit it still will not work for me cannot
(04-28-2013, 01:23 PM)ichigo2862 Wrote:
(04-28-2013, 12:19 PM)re re Wrote:

How did you do that?
Back it up before you edit in case you make a mistake.

right click the file, edit. That should open it in notepad. Looked for all entries in the text that said jre6 and changed it to jre7, saved. Back it up before you edit in case you make a mistake.

I can hardly believe this worked!!!! I've been trying for days!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! CAN SOME ADMIN PLEASE GET THIS INFO TO THE PROGRAMERS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?