This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow down
i would like to ask hykem, in jpcsp , there was a revision made by you : Added new keys to the CryptoEngine from recent findings (PS3 and PS Vita).
does that have anything to do with rpcs3? , is psp a lighter version of ps3 (HW wise)?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(04-21-2013, 03:08 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: i would like to ask hykem, in jpcsp , there was a revision made by you : Added new keys to the CryptoEngine from recent findings (PS3 and PS Vita).
does that have anything to do with rpcs3? , is psp a lighter version of ps3 (HW wise)?

Ah, no. What happened is that inside the PS3 and the PS Vita, Sony created a PSP emulator (that's how it can play MINIS and Remasters).
By analyzing the PS3 code associated with this emulator it was possible to extract new keys, which will also be important for rpcs3 in the future.
The PS Vita key was published by Total-Noob after the new firmware upgrade blocked TN-V.
Hardware wise, PSP is completely different from the PS3 and from the PS Vita. For example, their CPUs are all based on different architectures (MIPS for the PSP, ARM v7 for the PS Vita and PPU/SPU for the PS3). Wink
Haha, I find it somewhat funny, that you can actually find information about how the PSP hardware works within the PS Vita and PS3 XD
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
It would be cool though if there was a way to play ps2 games on the ps vita,I know they can play it on ps3 now.Imagine playing DBZ Budokai tenkaichi 3 wherever you want
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(04-21-2013, 06:16 PM)virgil94 Wrote: I know they can play it on ps3 now.

Really? :O
How can it be done? The PS3 drive can actually read the PS2 DVD disks?
My Rig:
Runo, nope, Sony made working software emulator, and sold some PS2 titles on PSN.
Well there is a way to play them via software,it's kinda the same way that they are using to play psp games as minis,but this time you make them into ps2 classics.They are making a gui program for that,here is more info http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/comi...ps-x-3239/
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Oh, I see Tongue
My Rig: