This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unable to play Monster hunter portable 3rd due to the screen turning "snowy"
I downloaded the emulator today and have been fiddling with ti all day, ive searched for fixes and while some seem to work i have been unable to play mhp3rd. so far i have gotten through character creation up until the point where it ask me if i would like to play as this character and enter the game world. it is at this point that the screen immediately turns to black and white pixels (like old tvs) i have been unable to find a fix for this problem any help would be appreciated.

also: the graphics on the character ect appear fine (the game runs at 30 fps) however the text in most places (such as the little loading letters) are all blurred and pixelated out to the point where they are unreadable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Download and install Sonicstage,then in media options enable Media engine and Decode using sonicstage
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(03-17-2013, 12:55 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Download and install Sonicstage,then in media options enable Media engine and Decode using sonicstage

how do i decode using sonic stage? sorry for not being the most tech savvy guy on the planet Confused
Just go to the emulator options,in one of the tabs named media are 2 options:Enable media engine and decode using sonicstage,just tick the 2 boxes and it should work
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(03-17-2013, 03:44 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Just go to the emulator options,in one of the tabs named media are 2 options:Enable media engine and decode using sonicstage,just tick the 2 boxes and it should work

it didn't work, i still only got to choosing my character before the screen went all weird.
Did you install Sonic Stage program from Sony ?
yes i have the latest version of sonicstage
This game uses some encryption stuff, which Jpcsp can't handle atm. That's why it freezes after creating character. (original PSP version) Also, media engine can't handle videos from this game. (both original and PSP remaster)
so at least for now i cant play portable 3rd? but other games should still work correct?

i know this in unrelated but i saw no point in starting a new thread... i got another game to work and i figured i would play it with my ps3 controller. i have motionjoy and the drivers ect (it is recognized on my pc and motionjoy) however i don't know how to get it to work ingame, when i got to controller options it is not listed as a choice