This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulation and achivement system.
I know this may still be far away, but are there any plans for a working achivement system on this emulator? By that I mean like it`s working on today`s current system. That when you get achivements, you can store every achivement to one account and look them up later if you want.
(03-10-2013, 01:58 AM)BuldozerX Wrote: I know this may still be far away, but are there any plans for a working achivement system on this emulator? By that I mean like it`s working on today`s current system. That when you get achivements, you can store every achivement to one account and look them up later if you want.

i think that if they want to fully emulate ps3, they will implement an achievement system, but i think they will care about that minor stuff when games are actualy running Smile
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
If you mean PSN's Achievement system, I don't think so unless that works offline (does it? I don't own a PS3). I reckon trying to go online with an emulator would be as easily detected as trying to do that with a jailbroken PS3.

And even if it does work offline, I don't know to which point PSN features implementation is possible/practical.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
Someone need to run a server for that, so no chance.
so how would the game behave when you got an achievement and this system was not implemented?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
Probably the whole emulator would crash.What if there is a way to fake that?
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
What happen to your game when you got achievement while the PS3 is offline?

Either devs will emulate that or they will emulate server response to give to the game, I suspect the former would be easier as they would only need to emulate PS3 being offline for all the game, not game specific code for all possible achievements, which would be gargantuan task for menial worth.
(03-12-2013, 03:32 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Probably the whole emulator would crash.What if there is a way to fake that?

Somehow I really doubt that. I don't really know this for sure, but my best guess is that the achievement happens locally, than the PS3 sends something over to PSN to notify ofthe achievement. Even if there is no way to reach PSN, I doubt that would crash the emulator, as a real PS3 is prepared to run offline.

I'm pretty sure that the whole achievement system runs locally and will be emulated normally, even if we don't fully emulate the PS3 Menu, since that kind of thing normally is something that comes within the game, it just looks alike on all games because it comes with the console's SDKs.

What probably won't work, at least for the foreseeable future (because those things can change), is PSN signing in process, and consequently any other online operation, which should behave exactly as if you were playing on a offline PS3.

Server emulation isn't possible for reasons I won't elaborate here, it just doesn't work like that, you can't emulate/fake a network service that easily.
My Rig:
IIRC there are some achievement where you need to be online to get, I'm not really sure though.
Are you able to play a PS3 without ever logging in to the PSN? Like, never going online? Cause that's how its gonna be on RPCS3
My Rig: