This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[50686] Digimon Adventure Doesn't loads since rev 3013
That's right, starting with revision 3013, Digimon Adventure doesn't loads. you see the button run like if you did a click on it, but then it moves to the paused button active, like if you paused the emulation.

Now, there is a way for the game to run but it is only if you enable the two options on the memory tab on the emulator configuration. I'm talking about checking the options "ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)" and "ignore unmapped ports (not recommended)".

The thing is that still on revision 3012, the game loaded without having those options enabled. The game loaded fine without those options enabled on all revisions since 2957 which was the first one I tested.

here is an attached log I got with revision 3021.

.zip   log.zip (Size: 159.07 KB / Downloads: 114)

The last line the log registered was this one:

54865 [user_main] ERROR memory - write32 - Invalid memory address : 0x8 PC=088AB914

Still I attached the log file so you can take a look at it.

I doubt it is my PC since Digimon World Re Digitize runs fine, and this game did run fine on all other revisions before revision 3013. I'm on the final part of this game so that really proves that my PC had no problems running it.
I fixed 2 issues introduced by r3013. Could you recheck with r3022?

Thank you for your regression tests!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Perfect! r3022 loads the game again without having the memory options checked Smile

And about the regression tests, no problem. After all, you have been working hard on all those revisions, but the rest of us can give you a hand by testing the revisions and posting our logs when we find issues that were't present before and such Smile

By the way. This about the Digimon World Re: Digitize not showing the correct icons (item icons on the item list, the happiness and discipline icons not being the yellow and purple faces, etc.). Those icons show correctly on PPSSPP emulator (though the game isn't fully playable yet. At least in my case I can't pass beyond the tutorial battle, but the speed is fine and no graphic glitches at all). they also have the code and post revisions, maybe if you take a look at it, you can get to fix that issue with Digimon World Re: Digitize Smile
(03-09-2013, 09:43 PM)LPatamon Wrote: By the way. This about the Digimon World Re: Digitize not showing the correct icons (item icons on the item list, the happiness and discipline icons not being the yellow and purple faces, etc.). Those icons show correctly on PPSSPP emulator (though the game isn't fully playable yet. At least in my case I can't pass beyond the tutorial battle, but the speed is fine and no graphic glitches at all). they also have the code and post revisions, maybe if you take a look at it, you can get to fix that issue with Digimon World Re: Digitize Smile
Is it possible to identify a specific build of ppsspp which fixed the icon issue? or was it always displayed correctly in ppsspp?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
just download the latest one from this link: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

Sadly I don't know if it always showed the icon correctly or if it was fixed on one of the builds, but all the ones I tested did showed the icons correctly, but by the time I started to test that emulator, it already had several revisions released.

Well at least the battle icons showed correctly since as I said I couldn't pass from the tutorial battle since the game stops responding when you're about to enter to the tutorial about the finisher move. it isn't a fully freezing since you still see that dark aura around Gabumon moving.

Just one thing. it doesn't play the cut scene videos, but at least it can be of help to fix the icon thing

Sorry for the double post. I managed to get past the tutorial battle on Digimon World Re: Digitize on that other emu, thanks to that the memory stick saves created by JPCSP are compatible with PPSSPP, and even though the game has some issues with that emu (you can't fight on the colisseum due to the screen freezing when you talk with your opponent before the match, or when you get into de digivice menus aka where you see your digimon stats, check mails, etc. the image of your current digimon isn't visible on the right side) I managed to see that the icons show all correctly, the clock works, on battles you can see the number of HP points you lost or the opponent loses when attacked, battle icons show fine, etc.

Here I'm attaching some screenshots so you can take a look at them.

.zip   redigitizeppssppscreens1.zip (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 118)

.zip   redigitizeppssppscreens2.zip (Size: 1.2 MB / Downloads: 115)

I had to put them in 2 zip files due to the 2048 max size for zip files limit the forum has.

I took screens of the menus, the battle mode, the items list, the normal mode (aka where we see the clock and the happiness and discipline bars), and anything that uses icons and such.

But as I said on my other post, I don't know if on this emu the icons always showed correctly or if it was fixed on one of the earlier revisions.

Edit: Forgot to add a screenshot of the dialog boxes which also show correctly on this other emu, as well showing the characters on the left side when they appear on a dialog sequence.

Quote:But as I said on my other post, I don't know if on this emu the icons always showed correctly or if it was fixed on one of the earlier revisions.
well, you can check it then.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

try getting some random versions off there and test the game in them.
(03-10-2013, 12:07 PM)serio Wrote: well, you can check it then.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

try getting some random versions off there and test the game in them.

icons show correctly on all the releases there. I checked the very first release on that page (the one at the very bottom of the page which is v0.6-715-gde7ada1) and the icons, clock and all appear correctly. Of course on that first version on the save/load screen all you got was a black screen but I had no problems to load my save, it was just matter to press the key X (assigned to the circle button) and then the Z key (assigned to the PSP's X button) and the save loaded fine.

So yes, seeing how in that first revision on that page, the icons showed correctly, then no sense in test all the other revisions there considering that page easily has more than 100 releases, even more than that. The scrolling bar is so little due to the huge list of revisions of PPSSPP that got released o.o

Edit: I tested revision v0.5-201-g863b2c8 which was the lower one I found on that site. Re Digitize loads up to the title screen but it gets stuck on the loading screen. I think the icons show correctly on that one too because the Agumon on the loading screen had its animation, which doesn't happens on JPCSP (The Agumon on the loading screen for Re: Digitize remains still on JPCSP)

I think that icons showed correctly since the beginning on PPSSPP but obviously the first versions had other issues if we talk about compatibility with games.
(03-10-2013, 11:53 PM)LPatamon Wrote: icons show correctly on all the releases there. I checked the very first release on that page (the one at the very bottom of the page which is v0.6-715-gde7ada1) and the icons, clock and all appear correctly. Of course on that first version on the save/load screen all you got was a black screen but I had no problems to load my save, it was just matter to press the key X (assigned to the circle button) and then the Z key (assigned to the PSP's X button) and the save loaded fine.

So yes, seeing how in that first revision on that page, the icons showed correctly, then no sense in test all the other revisions there considering that page easily has more than 100 releases, even more than that. The scrolling bar is so little due to the huge list of revisions of PPSSPP that got released o.o

Edit: I tested revision v0.5-201-g863b2c8 which was the lower one I found on that site. Re Digitize loads up to the title screen but it gets stuck on the loading screen. I think the icons show correctly on that one too because the Agumon on the loading screen had its animation, which doesn't happens on JPCSP (The Agumon on the loading screen for Re: Digitize remains still on JPCSP)

I think that icons showed correctly since the beginning on PPSSPP but obviously the first versions had other issues if we talk about compatibility with games.
Thank you for the research. At least I can now exclude the recent updates on VFPU instructions done in PPSSPP...
(03-11-2013, 10:44 AM)gid15 Wrote: Thank you for the research. At least I can now exclude the recent updates on VFPU instructions done in PPSSPP...

No problem. I'm glad to be able to help ^^

The only new say improvements regarding Re: Digitize on PPSSPP builds of this past week are that the load/save screen is now visible, but it still has a problem which is that it is zoomed in so you don't see the full details of your save. You know the date when the save got created on the slot you choosed to save, the message asking if you want to overwrite, that stuff, but it is easy to work with it at least with Digimon World Re: Digitize, mostly when loading since you just select your slot, then press the X key (assigned to the circle button) and then the Z key (assigned to be the X button) and your save is loaded ^^

But other than that, no background music is heard except on the install data screen, the game freezes when you talk with your opponent when you do free battles or tournaments on the digi tower and sometimes the game hangs when you try to see the mails you get from the other characters in the game. Oh and no cutscenes are played for this game neither, but instead of getting a scrambled screen trying to play the cutscene video, it sends you directly to where you start the game aka where you meet Agumon.

on the bright side saves are compatible with JPCSP in both ways, as in if you save on JPCSP you can use the save on PPSSPP and viceversa, you save on PPSSPP (previous edition of the ppsspp.ini file to disable de encrypted saving by changing the word true to false on the EncryptSave line on that file which is the last line the file has) and you can load your saves without problem on JPCSP. That helped me a lot to recruit digimon that only appear at a certain times. since I needed the game's clock to know when I can go to recruit those digimon, I simply loaded my save on PPSSPP and do those recruitings, then save and copy my save back to the JPCSP savedata folder and load it on JPCSP without problem Smile
Here are some pictures of how Digimon World ReBig Grinigitize looks on PPSSPP 0.5 (January 4, 2013). As you can see, the icons and time (look closely on the second screenshot to see 11:31 on top left corner) are visible in some of the screenshots but have transparency issues. Some of the colors are not correct in some screenshots like the Now Loading... and Dialogue. This is just for reference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)