This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - usa - ULKS-46155
In 2561 the game is full playable(shows the dialogs and pass the loadings).
the original games R not working is it normal !?

Ok : it's solved
I have a weird situation with the game, and maybe you guys can help me here. Granted, I don't grasp the lack of audio and video yet to find a good solution, but what has me at odds is the game performs rather strangely. When trying to do Boss Rush mode, the game seems fine enough, but when I try to play any of the levels in the main game, the framerate literally drops to 1 FPS. I do not believe it's my PC that's at issue here, as I can run the Castlevania games on Wii and PS2 just fine on it. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is the emulator in a rather unstable phase in general with the game? Maybe I'm missing a setting here, but the fact I can do Boss Rush just fine but when playing a level literally stops the game might have to do with the effect that comes on the screen when showing off the name of the level. I have not touched ANY setting in the emulator, by the way. In fact, the way I'm playing this is on one of the newer builds of the emulator, and I previously attempted to play it on an older build where the issue was the game froze at loading screens in the levels. Never once did I have the no FPS issue in the older builds.

Edit: Okay, I think I grasped on what it was. Somehow when setting it to fullscreen and setting the emulator to save GE texture gave it a solid boost in loading the start of levels. There's still some slowdown, but I can only assume it happens as it's loading the level, as I only really hit the spikes at the start of the levels. I cannot get the game audio to play, nor the CG opening or SotN still. Am I missing something for all that?
(08-03-2012, 03:06 PM)Foffykins Wrote: I cannot get the game audio to play, nor the CG opening or SotN still. Am I missing something for all that?
About that; you have SonicStage installed? In case not, you must. Take a look here:
Help With SonicStage

And how to configure more details, go to "Start here" link on my sign. Also, i suggest you to post a log; just in case.

[Image: montcer.png]
Yeah, I slowly figured that out. The game seems to work pretty well now, audio and video. I seem to have noticed a very noted boost in using 64 bit, where the only drops in framerate are now when a level is loading. I can't get SotN to boot in any fashion though. Are there specific builds that have it working? I'm using SVN 2643. I know the game exists on various other platforms so it's not the end of the world, but I do like the updates the PSP edition of the title has.
(08-04-2012, 01:37 PM)Foffykins Wrote: Yeah, I slowly figured that out. The game seems to work pretty well now, audio and video. I seem to have noticed a very noted boost in using 64 bit, where the only drops in framerate are now when a level is loading. I can't get SotN to boot in any fashion though. Are there specific builds that have it working? I'm using SVN 2643. I know the game exists on various other platforms so it's not the end of the world, but I do like the updates the PSP edition of the title has.

to run SoTN you can choose it from the original game menu , once it started you should pause the emulation w8 a while then run it again it works for me like zat , or better download latest versions as 2653 but u should know that frames won't be good enough to play the game
(08-04-2012, 03:53 PM)fullpulse Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 01:37 PM)Foffykins Wrote: Yeah, I slowly figured that out. The game seems to work pretty well now, audio and video. I seem to have noticed a very noted boost in using 64 bit, where the only drops in framerate are now when a level is loading. I can't get SotN to boot in any fashion though. Are there specific builds that have it working? I'm using SVN 2643. I know the game exists on various other platforms so it's not the end of the world, but I do like the updates the PSP edition of the title has.

to run SoTN you can choose it from the original game menu , once it started you should pause the emulation w8 a while then run it again it works for me like zat , or better download latest versions as 2653 but u should know that frames won't be good enough to play the game

I know how to get to select the game, but emulation freezes as it loads. Would a later revision fix this?

yes
but if U still have problems after choosing ur original game PAUSE the emulation for awhile then RUN it again this worked for me
It seems to boot normally just fine, but the game tends to have lots of black boxes, lots of slowdown, and the audio doesn't properly play in the scene with Richter and Dracula. Are there settings to improve the boxed effect, and do I need anything extra besides SonicStage for the audio? I'm quite a little perplexed by it, too; usually 2D games get better performance than 3D ones, yet in the case of this game, it's the opposite! Tongue
Quote:'m quite a little perplexed by it, too; usually 2D games get better performance than 3D ones, yet in the case of this game, it's the opposite!
symphony of the night only looks 2d. on the coding side it's a fully 3d game with sprites used as textures on flat surfaces. it's probably also just a modified ps1 game, so maybe it's so slow because it uses the ps1 emulation.

post #29 says what to do to remove the black boxes. audio during cutscenes uses mono at3+ so it won't be in anytime soon since nobody understands the format yet, and the only guy who was working on that (hykem) vanished again.