This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - usa - ULKS-46155
(08-05-2012, 08:09 AM)serio Wrote: the only guy who was working on that (hykem) vanished again.
A few days ago i hear that actually hykem is working on it; i guess we just need to wait hahaha.

@Foffykins, if you wanna know about JPCSP just read on JPCSP for dummies; here is the thread:
JPCSP for dummies
[Image: montcer.png]
On R 2794, I cant seem to be able to play SOTN inside the PSP castlevania anymore. i remember playing it in JPCSP many revs ago, but now when you acess SOTN in the "original games" option and start, you get stuck at the file select screen (X wont work, nor anything else except the direction buttons ). This bug doesnt affect the main game nor the original rondo of blood within. Tried with a few other releases and it seems like this bug "began" quite a few revs ago . (Assuming its not my fault, but i tampered with options already and the log file is fully clean ).
All three major games were perfectly playable & completable in JPCSP!

I'll just let the images speak for themselves:

[Image: 15pj0i0.png]
[Image: ayvku9.png]
[Image: 6ge77s.png]
[Image: vx21xj.png]
[Image: 1zptf21.png]
[Image: 2a9bosh.png]
[Image: 10omk1s.png]
[Image: 65zp12.png]
[Image: 2qb89ab.png]
Hmm..I still get framerate issues and boxes on my sprites with the 2D games. What are your PC specs and what settings are you using in the emulator? I'm sure the visual issues are something the emulator can fix, but I'll have to see on the FPS..

EDIT: Using Build version 2838 64-bit btw.
Hello Foffykins

My specs are the following:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 3700K
AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB
8GB Corsair XMS3 RAM

Here's my settings:

[Image: 2ywsf0p.png]
[Image: wt6m4m.png]
[Image: fu5kdu.png]

Also if you right click the main bat file that you start the emulator with and have over 8GB of RAM you might be interested in changing this:

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*

To this:

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx2048m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*

Here's also some random shots ingame I took when I did my playthrough not long ago.

[Image: avj53r.png]
[Image: f2irec.png]
[Image: 2yxq2p5.png]

GOOD LUCK!

EDIT:

Don't pay attention to the Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts) option, I was playing around with another game there.
Okay, I followed your settings and I have very little changes. The game still has massive FPS issues (it's surely less than 30 FPS in the start of the game with the prologue) and the sprites sometimes still possess a boxy outline. I can handle the sprite thing, but the FPS thing is killing me. I can only assume at this point it could be my CPU compared to yours; mine is a AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.2 GHz. I'm using the 2927 build, so I'm surely not missing something an update must have tossed..do I need to update Java, maybe?

Also, I wanted to know if you knew offhand what setting you've chosen that gives the 3D Rondo remake more pixelated graphics. Originally, just with GE screen to Texture, I get a pretty solid looking game, almost like a PS2 title. With the settings I followed, it lowers the textures to PS1 quality, which doesn't significantly boost performance (it's very slow when loading a level due to the 3D effect, but after that I get a solid 30 FPS). Finally, I'm a bit lost with what you're referring to in regards of forcing more RAM. Can you elaborate, please? I don't think that'll solve my issue with SotN, but it's worth a try. Right now the game is at a state where I can visually see things (with some blockiness), but it is nowhere the speeds your screenshots are showing for gameplay.

EDIT: I'm also getting no voices at all for SotN. Is it because the framerate is so slow, or am I missing something?

EDIT 2: Yeah, something has to be up. I roughed myself up to get to the area you were in the Library and at best the screen with the wolf was at 40 FPS.. It's only ever been 60 FPS in menus.
Rev 2924
Added support for skinning (GU_WEIGHT_xxx) to the SPLINE and BEZIER video commands.

(12-12-2012, 02:51 PM)Foffykins Wrote: Hmm..I still get framerate issues and boxes on my sprites with the 2D games. What are your PC specs and what settings are you using in the emulator? I'm sure the visual issues are something the emulator can fix, but I'll have to see on the FPS..

EDIT: Using Build version 2838 64-bit btw.

(12-12-2012, 09:42 PM)Foffykins Wrote: Okay, I followed your settings and I have very little changes. The game still has massive FPS issues (it's surely less than 30 FPS in the start of the game with the prologue) and the sprites sometimes still possess a boxy outline. I can handle the sprite thing, but the FPS thing is killing me. I can only assume at this point it could be my CPU compared to yours; mine is a AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.2 GHz. I'm using the 2927 build, so I'm surely not missing something an update must have tossed..do I need to update Java, maybe?

Also, I wanted to know if you knew offhand what setting you've chosen that gives the 3D Rondo remake more pixelated graphics. Originally, just with GE screen to Texture, I get a pretty solid looking game, almost like a PS2 title. With the settings I followed, it lowers the textures to PS1 quality, which doesn't significantly boost performance (it's very slow when loading a level due to the 3D effect, but after that I get a solid 30 FPS). Finally, I'm a bit lost with what you're referring to in regards of forcing more RAM. Can you elaborate, please? I don't think that'll solve my issue with SotN, but it's worth a try. Right now the game is at a state where I can visually see things (with some blockiness), but it is nowhere the speeds your screenshots are showing for gameplay.

EDIT: I'm also getting no voices at all for SotN. Is it because the framerate is so slow, or am I missing something?

EDIT 2: Yeah, something has to be up. I roughed myself up to get to the area you were in the Library and at best the screen with the wolf was at 40 FPS.. It's only ever been 60 FPS in menus.

Well I just experimented with settings to get the satisfying result that I wanted and haven't changed them since. I'm not saying the settings I use are perfect or anything but it looks good to me and I don't expect it to be prettier then the original.

As for the voices not playing in Symphony of the Night it's the same for me too and it's because you need Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio and a special plugin/program to hear them & unlike SonicStage which is free to get music and sound in games Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio is not free and much more complicated to use. Which is not worth it in my opinion because I can hear the voices in the PSX and Sega Saturn version of Symphony of the Night anytime I want.

As for the RAM thing, I got a recommendation to increase it by another JPCSP user that also had 8GB of RAM because some games might need more then the emulator starts out with or something like that.
I realize a lot have happened since my play-through on r2902 (r2887 initially) and that the emulator is getting more accurate and stable for every day.

And frankly it's been a while since I played this game now. But I just wanted to say that although all the games work great visually, Symphony of the Night have become really really sluggish on newer revisions even for me (instead of 60-61 FPS most of the time it's around 31-40 FPS for the most part with occasional full-speed)
Rondo of Blood and Chronicles runs pretty much fine though with good speeds.

Don't know what could have caused this, I'm using pretty much the same settings I have from the beginning and nothing have changed hardware wise.

The funny thing though is that it's only Symphony of the Night that is affected. Heck even Lunar Silver Star Harmony and Star Wars The Force Unleashed is running great.

I'm gonna try experiment with settings to see if something gets better and if it ain't I'm just gonna accept the situation because I rather have a accurate and stable emulator.

Ok, about to do another test with the latest shit and recommended settings. Will update this post when I'm done.

JPCSP: r2956
Java: 6u38, 7u10 and 8, all x32 and x64

I'm running on a quadcore Asus notebook with windows 7.

Question - Is it helpful to have both the x32 and x64 bit java's in playing the game, or would I be better off just uninstalling the x32's?

Also, would the Japanese Sonicstage work, or is it strictly compatible only with the English release? The game is Japanese after all...