This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference 32bit and 64 bit
Firstly, im sorry about my english

Right now im using v0.6 2985 32 bit on linux

In some game (using recommended setting) i got really low fps (4-8 fps), is this because im using 32 bit??

- If i use 64 bit, can i increase my fps??

- Actually whats the difference using 32 bit and 64 bit??
Structural differences,if you have a pc that supports 64 bits then you can use 32 bits but if you have a 32bits pc you can't use the 64 bits.Maybe your computer isnt that fast
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Actually the real difference is the same between normal 32 bits apps and 64 bits. 32bits apps are limited in the amount of RAM it can use therefore you cant use past 3 GB although technically the system supports 4GB but 1 GB is reserved for the OS, long history short if you have a 32 bit OS it doesn't matter if you get over 4 GB of RAM, your apps wont be using it.

That limitation however is removed by 64 bits OS, I cant remember right now the maximum RAM you can use for your apps but be sure you can at least get 16GB of RAM.

JPCSP gets a benefits in some games that uses a lot of RAM if you have a 64 bit OS and plenty of RAM, needless to say that's only a benefit if you have the processor power to get actually playable speeds.

Don't forget to edit the RAM settings in the command line to get over the defaults values, else you wont be using all your available RAM.