This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ys Seven - JAP - ULJM05475
(12-19-2012, 07:59 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: I tested the game yesterday using the desert savegame provided by shimano04.

I can verify the flickering of the HUD. However I can't verify the crashes. I managed to get to the temple every time. While I was playing I noticed the map was not shown correct (when pressing SELECT) but with using these options it works!

[X] Use shaders
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation
[X] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading

shimano04: Can you test if that helps in your case? About the crash: Please note I used the 32-bit-version where you used the 64-bit-version, maybe you can check it with the 32-bit-version (and the 32-bit JRE) as well?

I re-tested using the 32-bit version of build 2929 with the 32-bit JRE and still encountered the same problem. I'm not getting flickering of the HUD anymore with the new settings though.

I notice that this error occurred after a certain amount of time, which is about 4min of just having the character stand where they are when you load the save. I turned the logger on to ERROR and discovered this is a sound thread error. I have attached a screenshot to show you.

Here are some of the other settings I have that may help:
[X] Use Media Engine
[X] Decode audio files with SonicStage (I have version 4.3)

[X] Ignore invalid memory access

[X] Use Compiler Dynarec
max method size: 100
post a log on the info setting, make sure to uncheck Ignore invalid memory access too.
(12-19-2012, 10:03 AM)hyakki Wrote: post a log on the info setting, make sure to uncheck Ignore invalid memory access too.

I unchecked "Ignore invalid memory access" option and added a log of the crash under the INFO setting.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 7.33 KB / Downloads: 87)
As shimano04 I tested the game yesterday as well. From the log I saw he uses the US version of the game and some rather tight compiler method size.

I tested it with the default method size and with the JAP version, it is the same result.

Run 1 was without "Ignore invalid memory access", some running around and then I stood there for a while. After the end of the BGM (just before it should loop) it showed a invalid memory error. The memory error happens only one. After pressing RUN again the loop works (tested it 2-3 times)

Run 2 was the same setting, I just loaded the savegame (see attachments), stood there and again after the end of the BGM it stopped with the memory error, it runs again flawlessly afterwards.

Run 3 is with "Ignore invalid memory access" and it crashes after the end of the BGM.

Attached Files
.rar   YsSevenJAP-r2929run1-logprofiler.rar (Size: 147.92 KB / Downloads: 101)
.rar   YsSevenJAP-r2929run2-logprofiler.rar (Size: 133.13 KB / Downloads: 88)
.rar   YsSevenJAP-r2929run3-logprofiler.rar (Size: 128.97 KB / Downloads: 96)
.rar   ULJM054750002.rar (Size: 233.6 KB / Downloads: 93)
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
As this issue seems to be related to the audio play/looping, it would maybe be helpful to have a log file with the following lines added in LogSettings.xml:
Code:
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceAtrac3plus'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
This might give additional information...

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(12-20-2012, 12:58 PM)gid15 Wrote: As this issue seems to be related to the audio play/looping, it would maybe be helpful to have a log file with the following lines added in LogSettings.xml:
Code:
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceAtrac3plus'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
This might give additional information...

Thank you!

I logged it with the settings you recommended. Here you go!

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 1.5 MB / Downloads: 71)
(12-21-2012, 06:05 AM)shimano04 Wrote: I logged it with the settings you recommended. Here you go!
The memory error/crash is not in the log file. Have you let it run long enough?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(12-21-2012, 08:30 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 06:05 AM)shimano04 Wrote: I logged it with the settings you recommended. Here you go!
The memory error/crash is not in the log file. Have you let it run long enough?

I will run the tests later this day. Had no time yesterday
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I was testing the game yesterday with r2940 and again today and I found no more memory errors at the desert scene. It seems your loop fix earlier this week also took care of that problem.

shimano04: Can you please test it also? If you still have a problem try to delete the USxxxxx folder for Ys7 in the TMP folder. This is what I did before testing the game again.
(12-22-2012, 08:04 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: I was testing the game yesterday with r2940 and again today and I found no more memory errors at the desert scene. It seems your loop fix earlier this week also took care of that problem.

shimano04: Can you please test it also? If you still have a problem try to delete the USxxxxx folder for Ys7 in the TMP folder. This is what I did before testing the game again.

I have tested the game with r2944 for both 32 and 64-bit and the I no longer have the sound thread error in Segram Desert. Nice work!
So now that I'm in the Flame Shrine, I have encountered another error. On the first floor there's a lever that controls an elevator down to the next level. When you go down the elevator, the next area does not load and all you see is a black screen. What's more bizarre is that if you press Select, a screen of the first area with your characters flashes fast then goes away. Must be some kind of weird memory error. I've attached a screenshot, savadata, and log of this error.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 7.27 KB / Downloads: 76)
.7z   savedata.7z (Size: 232.99 KB / Downloads: 77)