This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness ULUS10308
Thanks for checking that out.
Windows 7 x64
E8400@3.6GHz
4GB DDR2@800MHz
Nvidia 550 Ti
(05-01-2012, 09:50 AM)ManaYagami Wrote: Thanks for checking that out.

No problem. Please test the fix in r2542, thanks!
The fix in r2542 is not complete and still causes bgm cutoff in Disgaea after a few minutes. This problem should be completely fixed in r2546 so please test to confirm, thanks!
Everything is fine with r2548, thanks!
Windows 7 x64
E8400@3.6GHz
4GB DDR2@800MHz
Nvidia 550 Ti
using the 2830 version, and the BGM cuts off again after a few minutes...

i also have a rather weird problem i can't really explain... the first time i played the game ~4-5months ago on the r2667 i had no problems at all, 99% of the time 55+ fps (only one map dropped under 30fps because of huge amounts of lava) but when i tried to play it again (settings untouched since then) it crashes very often, have to retry every map about 4 to 5 times and then hope that i don't crash when opening up the menue to save, this also happens with the newest build

sometimes the screen freezes, goes black and windows tells me that it had to restore my AMD display driver, sometimes i can tab out of the emulator and when i tab in it is white, while BGM still plays...

---
Win7 64bit
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3,5GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750
---

gonna try out different versions of java and AMD drivers and see if anything helps, but basicaly this post is just to tell you that the BGM cuts off again Big Grin
Hey, I am new to the forum but just got Jpcsp setup and noticed there are a vast number of revisions to run Disgaea on. One of the posts read that r2548 was working correctly and I am about to try it now but currently I am running r3128 and its running a bit slow. I have a 2.9ghz processor, 4 gig ram, 2 geforce 9800's w/sli (windows 7) but planning on getting an alienware soon. Is my PC up to par to run Jpcsp or should I just wait until I get a better PC? Thanks for any advice.

What is the latest revision for Jpcsp btw? 3129?
(05-04-2013, 05:36 AM)Muriel Wrote: Hey, I am new to the forum but just got Jpcsp setup and noticed there are a vast number of revisions to run Disgaea on. One of the posts read that r2548 was working correctly and I am about to try it now but currently I am running r3128 and its running a bit slow. I have a 2.9ghz processor, 4 gig ram, 2 geforce 9800's w/sli (windows 7) but planning on getting an alienware soon. Is my PC up to par to run Jpcsp or should I just wait until I get a better PC? Thanks for any advice.

What is the latest revision for Jpcsp btw? 3129?

I think your hardware is good enogh, try doing this:

Options >
- Clock Speed = 300%

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Compiler >
- - - Disable Output profiler and set Method Size to 50

Then see if there's any difference, if it's still too slow you can disable media engine too but, depending on the game, with media engine disabled the sounds and videos might not work properly.

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Media >
- - - Disable Media Engine

About Jpcsp, that's the latest build, you can check this page once in a while to see if there's any new revision available:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
Hello, I'm running r3129 and the game is working almost perfect with full speed and sound. The only part that is not perfect is the status screen. It shows no number for status of characters and itens, making it impossible to know if a item is better or worse. And also on battle the first number of hp is not shown making it hard to play as well.

Tried enabling / disabling flash0 fonts did nothing and using older revisions (r2927 and r3128) did nothing as well.
(05-06-2013, 01:12 PM)vinardo888 Wrote: Hello, I'm running r3129 and the game is working almost perfect with full speed and sound. The only part that is not perfect is the status screen. It shows no number for status of characters and itens, making it impossible to know if a item is better or worse. And also on battle the first number of hp is not shown making it hard to play as well.

Tried enabling / disabling flash0 fonts did nothing and using older revisions (r2927 and r3128) did nothing as well.

Did you enabled in video options "Vertex cache"? I don't know if it's related but when it's disabled usually causes glitches in the graphics.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
(05-07-2013, 05:12 AM)kyousuke Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 01:12 PM)vinardo888 Wrote: Hello, I'm running r3129 and the game is working almost perfect with full speed and sound. The only part that is not perfect is the status screen. It shows no number for status of characters and itens, making it impossible to know if a item is better or worse. And also on battle the first number of hp is not shown making it hard to play as well.

Did you enabled in video options "Vertex cache"? I don't know if it's related but when it's disabled usually causes glitches in the graphics.

Thanks for the reply. I found the issue. I had "Disable UBO" checked. Unchecking it solved the issue.