This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness ULUS10308
Please, someone, is it too much of a hassle to take a moment to explain something to me?
(09-24-2011, 09:17 AM)The Chaos Heart Wrote: Alright, I figured out how to run the game. Now, I know I'm supposed to use the information in the OP in order to patch up the game, make it run more smoothly, and give it sound. My question is...how? What do I do with all that coding?
(04-14-2011, 06:29 PM)Agent69 Wrote: R2078
Full Playable. All voice and music work fine with looping.
Do not use vetrex cache.

What do I do with this? How do I use this?

have 2287 build - no problem from the begining.
2287 build? Is that an updated version of the emulator? Where would I get that?

and so if I get that, it'll play music and voices no problem?
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ - look for 2287 build and download

all works, intro dialog little bit slow, and map with lots geopanels too - that's all
finished the game 2 times
I downloaded it, and used my Disgaea ISO in it, but I'm experiencing the same problems. Is it because I'm using the mac version?
I downloaded a new ISO too, but now I just get stuck at the loading screen. It never opens up to the menue select.
Nevermind, I got the new one to work. Same problem as the old one. Is this because of the mac version I'm using?
I even tried it on the most recent download available from the link you gave me. Same result.
100% work on PC... must be mac :3
There is a problem with the most recent releases. I tested the game both on the x86 r2540 and r2287, with Sonic Stage and all the recommended configurations on this thread, and on r2540 the music tends to cut off after a few seconds, while it's perfectly fine on r2287.
Windows 7 x64
E8400@3.6GHz
4GB DDR2@800MHz
Nvidia 550 Ti
(04-29-2012, 09:11 PM)ManaYagami Wrote: There is a problem with the most recent releases. I tested the game both on the x86 r2540 and r2287, with Sonic Stage and all the recommended configurations on this thread, and on r2540 the music tends to cut off after a few seconds, while it's perfectly fine on r2287.
same here.Sad
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....2#pid70872
Here is the log file of the error that I reported on my previous post. It happened three times, the last of them right before I closed the emulator. The voices also had to be played through SonicStage, which explains all the AT3 data on the log, but there are no problems with them.

EDIT: I had to reupload the log file:
.7z   log.7z (Size: 5.48 KB / Downloads: 98)

(04-30-2012, 02:05 AM)l2sp Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 09:11 PM)ManaYagami Wrote: There is a problem with the most recent releases. I tested the game both on the x86 r2540 and r2287, with Sonic Stage and all the recommended configurations on this thread, and on r2540 the music tends to cut off after a few seconds, while it's perfectly fine on r2287.
same here.Sad
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....2#pid70872

I only tested this one, but I also have to see if Disgaea 2 has the same problem, since they are all Nippon Icchi titles.
Windows 7 x64
E8400@3.6GHz
4GB DDR2@800MHz
Nvidia 550 Ti
I have confirmed a nasty bug in Xuggle 5.4 which causes the premature bgm cutoff problem in this game. Disgaea 2 is not affected because it uses a different format for bgm. Details here: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....6#pid71586