This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help, IO Error: Map Failed
Hello all. Recently, my son broke my PSP, so while I save up to by a new one, I wanted to try my games on an emulator. I have several PSP games I purchased through the Playstation Network, so I downloaded them on my computer via their portal, Media Go, used a PKG decrypter/extractor, and placed the eboot files under the ms0\psp\game\title folder. When I tried to load them, I get the message IO Error: Map Failed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and there's no FAQ here to browse through. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, the games I was using as my first attempts were Dissidia 012 and Final Fantasy IV.

Using version 6 2367
(10-30-2011, 07:04 AM)okugi Wrote: Hello all. Recently, my son broke my PSP, so while I save up to by a new one, I wanted to try my games on an emulator. I have several PSP games I purchased through the Playstation Network, so I downloaded them on my computer via their portal, Media Go, used a PKG decrypter/extractor, and placed the eboot files under the ms0\psp\game\title folder. When I tried to load them, I get the message IO Error: Map Failed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and there's no FAQ here to browse through. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, the games I was using as my first attempts were Dissidia 012 and Final Fantasy IV.

Using version 6 2367

You have to put the images in "umdimages" folder, then launch them from jpcsp pushing "load UMD" and choosing one of them, then push "run" button. P.S: load of games still don't run on jpcsp.

he got the games off psn, not umd rips though.

@okugi, enable the logging (debug>tools>logger>show logger), then turn its log level to info or debug (click where it's off, scroll to the option you want), run the game, get to your crash, then post the log file (log.html) here. if it's too large, compress it.

without that the devs can't really do anything since they'd be basically shooting in the dark.
All it ever says is:

0 [GUI] INFO emu - Jpcsp v0.6 2367 (for Debug)

109648 [GUI] INFO emu - Jpcsp v0.6 2367 (for Info)

Ok, just ran it 8 times in a row on Info setting for debug, each time it gave me a different string of numbers, but still only that one line.
The log file doesn't show all the info in the game log but you will see that when you check the html file it generates, such as your computer settings etc.

Also, the games you tried to run should work. Did you attempt to let JPCSP decrypt instead of using decrypted eboots? That's where I would start seeing I am playing 012 without loading issues (getting stuck is another problem, though).
58323 [GUI] INFO emu - Jpcsp v0.6 1772

Help.. been trying to change settings and seeing faqs on the internet on how to fix it for days