This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major issues with first-time use
(01-20-2013, 02:09 PM)serio Wrote: try installing the latest drivers your card can handle, see if that helps. if not, then i guess your card's just way too old.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

geforce 7xxx series have a poor opengl support as far as i remember.

Yeah, I was gonna do that... but then I didn't. I'll try it.

I guess I'm going to have to get use to frame skipping, as I don't see any way I can speed this crappy emulator up. That's the only way I can make the thing somewhat playable.
the emulator's still in development and is using java, so obviously it won't be as fast as you'd like. java itself is a sub-optimal programming language, and the emulator still has a long way to go to be close to complete.

but still, try to get the regular mode working with the drivers and disable software renderer. software renderer was, is and probably will be super slow compared to hardware one since it uses cpu for everything, graphics included. it's like that on every emulator.
That's the problem, the GF 7050 is an old integrated gpu with limited performance and opengl support so games that require shaders will be glitchy as hell. You will have to get a dedicated graphics card, nvidia series 8000 or newer, only then - and if your processor is fast enough - you should be able to play just fine.

Btw, Jpcsp is far from being a "crappy emulator".
Phenom II x4 BE 3500 mhz - 8gb DDR3 1333 mhz - HD5870 1gb
Core i3 2350M 2.3 ghz - 8gb DDR3 1333 mhz - HD 3000
Core i5 4570 3.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 1600 mhz - GTX970 4gb oc
(01-21-2013, 02:11 AM)ryustylish Wrote: Btw, Jpcsp is far from being a "crappy emulator".

LOL

(01-21-2013, 02:11 AM)ryustylish Wrote: That's the problem, the GF 7050 is an old integrated gpu with limited performance and opengl support so games that require shaders will be glitchy as hell. You will have to get a dedicated graphics card, nvidia series 8000 or newer, only then - and if your processor is fast enough - you should be able to play just fine.

I don't know about that. I was able to play Street Fighter III - Third Strike on a CPS3 emulator for a while, and never had any problems. In fact, they worked great. Also, I still currently have and play dozens of emulators for outdated game consoles from the bit era which not a single one of them has graphical glitches like the kind I'm experiencing here for the first time.

So you're saying updating the drivers won't matter? I have to get a whole new computer to be able to play on the JPCSP? Hm. That seems like a bit of a stretch. You sure this isn't just staunch support for JCPSP driving you to tell me little white lies? Wink
On modern computers with a good CPU and GPU most games can run full speed
(01-21-2013, 05:04 AM)hyakki Wrote: On modern computers with a good CPU and GPU most games can run full speed

And that's the way it's always been for me. Except all the emulators and games I've used did not use Java to run on since Java uses a lot of resources from the CPU. So, it's not that there's a problem with my computer, there's a problem with your emulator. It's stupid to make an emulator run on Java. I can play anything else on any of emulator at normal speed. I can play games like Bioshock on Steam. But I cannot play Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max on JPCSP. That's pretty lame.
Most pc games like Bioshock offload the load onto the GPU and leave the CPU mostly idle not to mention the game probably uses DirectX where Jpcsp uses OpenGL (a completely different API to render graphics), usually older video cards have problems with opengl and might not properly support OpenGL 3+ api that improve performance., with emulators it has to emulate a complete system and usually uses BOTH the CPU and GPU as well as RAM,

PC games are optimized for PC and are usually very efficient utilizing resources, emulators have to do 100x the work since its emulating actual hardware commands and responses.

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 only supports OpenGL 2.1, and that is absolute minimum for Jpcsp so performance might be poor.
Quote:I was able to play Street Fighter III - Third Strike on a CPS3 emulator for a while, and never had any problems. In fact, they worked great. Also, I still currently have and play dozens of emulators for outdated game consoles from the bit era which not a single one of them has graphical glitches like the kind I'm experiencing here for the first time.
how about the ps2 emulator? can you run that one at full speed, especially in software mode (gsdx settings, renderer direct3d9 (software))? psp is comparable in power to a ps2, not old stuff like cps1-3 arcade boards or a snes.
(01-21-2013, 01:40 PM)serio Wrote:
Quote:I was able to play Street Fighter III - Third Strike on a CPS3 emulator for a while, and never had any problems. In fact, they worked great. Also, I still currently have and play dozens of emulators for outdated game consoles from the bit era which not a single one of them has graphical glitches like the kind I'm experiencing here for the first time.
how about the ps2 emulator? can you run that one at full speed, especially in software mode (gsdx settings, renderer direct3d9 (software))? psp is comparable in power to a ps2, not old stuff like cps1-3 arcade boards or a snes.

Never tried a PS2 emulator. I own a PS2, couldn't I just burn data onto a blank DVD-ROM like I seen someone do for Dreamcast games?

I have one good thing to say about JPCSP before I chuck it into the Recycle Bin: I love how sweet the UMD selection window looks. I wish every emulator looked like that - fuck that's sexy :F
the thing here is to try how that emulator runs for you, if you wanted to compare emulator speeds.

cps3 is nowhere near comparable to psp, it's like comparing a nes to ps1 and complaining about ps1 emulation not being as good as nes.

btw. jpcsp is currently the best psp emulator available, so if you need to throw a tantrum about it not working right for you, then your only other choice is to use your real psp.