This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP and Intel HD 3000
Hello there,

I found this great emulator and I can perfectly run games and yes, it's pretty much playable, with sound and everything. However, I'm having HUGE graphical issues (i.e. in the game Project Diva 2nd, only the head and hands of the models would appear, effects become black and flashing animations) and everything works well if I disable "Use shaders", but then the game becomes really slow. I tested on a friend's computer the same everything, except the graphics adapter, and on his it works fine, with no glitches at all.
Also, when I turn on Disable UBO, the screen changes it's color between black and white, but sound still play. What can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, these errors are known. See here:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=108879

gid15 found out the problems are related to bugs in the driver. I assume OpenGL is not a priority for Intel. You can only hope for new drivers.

BTW, commenting out the 2nd SetUniform Override showed a picture for me, but it was not faster with shaders as it was without shaders.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
yeah unfortunately Intel OpenGL support is pretty lacking and is probably worse then ATI
you can see supported extensions here for each driver version and manufacturer, these will vary slightly depending on video card model.
http://www.geeks3d.com/opengl-extensions/

so always make sure to use the latest driver as it could add more support.
Thanks both of you for the replies.
Darth1701, I changed the lines but now the emulator won't even boot hahah. I'm sure I did it wrong. I also noticed that the command prompt window don't print anything before the changes.
So, is there any way to fix these issues?
Just delete lines 355 through 363 in the StateProxy.java file and recompile. It should work. Try also to disable UBO when running games, somehow JPCSP doesn't detect Intel graphics doesn't support these.

As for a real solution: I think only Intel can provided a new & better driver. Sad
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I'll try it. Any progress noticed I'll post here. Thanks in advance
Sorry, but could I ask for a how to? I don't even know how to edit these lines...

@Edit:
I did as you said, and the graphics aren't glitched as they where before Big Grin
Thank you. But the models still only show head and hands unless I disable Use shaders. Is there any fix to this?
(01-03-2013, 09:18 PM)Arill Wrote: Sorry, but could I ask for a how to? I don't even know how to edit these lines...

@Edit:
I did as you said, and the graphics aren't glitched as they where before Big Grin
Thank you. But the models still only show head and hands unless I disable Use shaders. Is there any fix to this?

I'm afraid I can't help you there. Maybe gid15 can help in creating some workaround but he is currently on vacation.