This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
x64 glitch
I am aware of the glitch which does not allow media engine to run on x64. The problem is the 32 bit x86 version runs like crap, while the 64 bit version runs at a flat 60fps but I can't get the media engine/ .sonicstage to run along with it. Any news on a fix for this? Or possibly a way to work around and make the x86 run better...I should have optimal setup for fps already I think.
Well it ain't a glitch and if you know about it why complain about .It's just not supported.Yet....
I just wanted to know if there was any way around it/ there was any progress on that front.

I'm a programmer myself so I understand what it is like to program something like this, I just figured there was no harm in asking.
(10-07-2011, 12:59 AM)flare161989 Wrote: I just wanted to know if there was any way around it/ there was any progress on that front.

I'm a programmer myself so I understand what it is like to program something like this, I just figured there was no harm in asking.

Most sounds are dependent on xuggler and there is no 64bit version publicly available, but that doesn't mean you can't compile it for 64bit, some people have done it , see here
http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/issues/detail?id=240

someone on these forums also successfully compiled a 64bit xuggle but never provided clear instructions on how to do it, and his build was abusive (would change the volume label on the hard drive) so I wouldn't recommend anyone trying it.