This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Which bit version of JPCSP do you use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
64 Bit
45.45%
5 45.45%
32 Bit
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about 64 bit and 32 bit
ps2 
Hey guys!

So I was reading the FAQ thread trying to search for something about 64 bit and I found a link to jpcsp.org's forums with a thread about it but it 404'd so no use there.

I just want to ask: Is it generally a better idea to use a 64 but jpcsp on 64 bit OS or rather 32 bit jpcsp?

If 64 bit is better please explain why.

Thanks for your time!
64bit can use more system resources, and that can be helpful for Java since it needs to allocate a lot of system memory where 32-bit windows is limited to around 2-3 gb per application.
Though the 32-bit version might be slightly faster..it's more prone to out of memory errors.

So usually I just use the 64-bit version, unless for some odd reason I need to use the 32-bit one.
(11-24-2012, 08:20 AM)hyakki Wrote: 64bit can use more system resources, and that can be helpful for Java since it needs to allocate a lot of system memory where 32-bit windows is limited to around 2-3 gb per application.
Though the 32-bit version might be slightly faster..it's more prone to out of memory errors.

So usually I just use the 64-bit version, unless for some odd reason I need to use the 32-bit one.

Ah so do you think it would stop or at least lessen my out of memory problems?

Thanks for the reply Big Grin