This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSP-assisted JPCSP
It's easier to think of ideas than bring them to life. Granted, it's been a while since that intention was posted in wololo. Sure, I can imagine it won't be simple at all. But I tend to disagree with you, virgin. USB 2.0 transfer rate is what, about 7 megs per second? Doesn't that seem more than enough if just a fraction of the processing will be routed to and from the PC? I imagine it would be all about efficiency in using the actual pipes between the two devices. And if syncing the PC and PSP is the problem(and I imagine it would be), wouldn't a generated buffer in the PC be sufficient for that?

And yes, hyakki, it being just an upscale filter wouldn't work because we already have that with Fusa and Remotejoy.

And virgin, I imagine you're right in saying the project would have to be rewritten from scratch. The project itself would have a totally different purpose. JPCSP is for emulation. The concept we're talking about, I don't know if there's even an accurate word for it yet, but an idea is so much greater than a word. An idea not even HAVING a word for itself yet is exciting, isn't it? Smile

What would it entail? I personally think it would give new life to the PSP for its owners. I would play tomb raider, crisis core, all the other magnificent games in the PSP all over again IN GLORIOUS HD with possibly minimal concern for compatibility and settings(theoretically). I think it would be worth it. Big Grin

Not goading any devs into working on this, though. It's just an idea. For now... <evil laughter>

Messages In This Thread
PSP-assisted JPCSP - by jeremymd - 09-29-2012, 05:05 AM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by hyakki - 09-29-2012, 05:44 AM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by VIRGIN KLM - 09-29-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by Itaru - 09-29-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by VIRGIN KLM - 09-29-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by jeremymd - 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by VIRGIN KLM - 09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: PSP-assisted JPCSP - by jeremymd - 10-01-2012, 03:51 AM