This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In latest 2629 Gow Ghost Of Sparta Doesnt work
(10-31-2012, 10:19 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: OK did the test and tried to test generaly in games that do that alot.
On the demo if I use it at default settings or if I enable the GE screen to Textures setting everything's fine, no jitter.
This change though seems to affect the Only GE graphics in the opposite way (crazy jittered frames, big chaos). I know that it is mentioned that it might break homebrew but it didnt in the past test I did so my point is that it might affect in the same way an other game.
So I tested Kingdom Hearts BBS:FX and Tekken 6.
Both had some slight performance boost and I didn't notice any jitter at all though it seems to affect in a weird way the frameskipping mechanism, like it makes it more prone to desync.
(BTW, ugh, just noticed on Tekken 6 that I have the same issue with posterizing/16bit looking testures like in this picture img145.imageshack.us/img145/9620/nvidiageforcegt620.jpg so it's for sure an issue with Nvidia cards and I think I fell when and why it's happening. I'm so sorry for comming up with all those stuff but I am so mad with Nvidia right now)

EDIT: Meh, this jitter, I hate it, not because I'm a stubborn child but because I have history with epilepsy and I feel (health wise) terrible testing it but it's a motive to surpass my issues and try to help.

KLM what are your system specs? (sorry if you said it before), I have a 560 GTX TI video card that uses opengl 4 and I'm having trouble getting the same results as you, but I think I know what you're talking about since on my old system (Core 2 duo, 9800GTX +, I would get some jitter, but that was an opengl 3 card), Usually just turning 'Threaded optimization' to Off would fix it under the nvidia drivers.

also to record a video have you tried to disable 'desktop composition'? (sometimes that helps when recording videos)

Btw gid15
With setSwapInterval(0); it does set vsync off (or the same effect), but while also testing I noticed the FPS reading might be wrong in Jpcsp, using bandicam internal fps reader its showing FPS as 120fps (but jpcsp title bar shows 60)
Nvidia CP Vsync OFF
setSwapInterval(1);

Nvidia CP Vsync (Application Controlled)
setSwapInterval(0);

Nvidia CP Vsync (Application Controlled) // default
setSwapInterval(1); // default

so If the Jpcsp FPS readout is wrong and its really running at 120fps (with vsync off), I guess when Vsync is on, it has to reduce the FPS to 60 and this is whats causing the high cpu usage (though still strange why it would use almost 100% cpu on two cores to reduce the speed)

Messages In This Thread
RE: In latest 2629 Gow Ghost Of Sparta Doesnt work - by hyakki - 11-01-2012, 07:23 AM