This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for testing Compiler settings
Hi!

this is a request to Beta testers being able to compile Jpcsp by themselves.
Could you please try different compiler settings based on r1950: change the value in jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CompilerContext.java, line 83
Code:
private int methodMaxInstructions = 3000;
This value determines the size of the Java methods generated by the Jpcsp compiler. In my tests, it seems that the Java JIT compiler is producing better results with small Java methods. Could you try different values for methodMaxInstructions on different games and report any changes (better/worse) of performance. I usually try the following values: 50, 100, 500, 3000 (do not try values above 3000).
It would also be interesting to know if these changes break some games...

I would like to have an idea on how this parameter works on different games before deciding to change this value or provide it as a configurable parameter.

Thank you for your support! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Request for testing Compiler settings - by gid15 - 01-15-2011, 09:15 PM