This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Couple of Problems...
Well, I know sounds don't work right in 64-bit, so I'm using the 32-bit version. It runs slower, but still playable. And for games like Crisis Core sound is pretty crucial. The problem seems to occur when loading specific sound files (such as changing the BGM), but ONLY when GE textures is on. I have no idea how they interact with each other or why they would affect each other in any way.

It seems to happen less and less as I progress through the game, though. I've been playing for 2 hours straight now without a single freeze. It might be the same with other games as well, I'll give it a try. I'd still like to hear thoughts about this, though. Just in case it starts acting up again. For now whenever it happens, I load my last save game, replay the part of the game that crashed without GE textures, reach the next save point and reload with the option on. The game looks just terrible without it.

By the way, saving the game to the hard drive was the first thing I did before running the emulator, I hadn't even thought of not doing it (otherwise what's the point of the emulator besides fullscreen?), but true, it should only affect load times.

Messages In This Thread
A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by digiadventures - 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-15-2011, 12:28 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-15-2011, 09:16 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-18-2011, 07:06 PM