This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Couple of Problems...
Hey all!

I just started using this awesome emulator, I'd almost given up hope a year ago when still no emulator could run commercial games.
Anyway, I have a couple of issues to ask about - neither are critical, but I would like to know if I can solve them.

First off, the "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory" option in the Video tab in the configuration window. This option makes EVERYTHING look much better, apparently by upping the resolution to the desktop's and the like. Unfortunately, using this option causes freezes for me on all games at random times. Well, not random - the games would always freeze on certain events/scenes, and sometimes on others. Anyone else encountered this?

Second, I was just wondering what the Resolution option under the Display tab was supposed to do (besides the obvious). Whenever I change it from Native and restart the emulator, it enters a black screen in fullscreen, even when the fullscreen option isn't ticked, and I have to Alt+F4 it to quit.

Currently I'm using it at the native resolution of a PSP, but on a computer monitor it just looks fugly. Either of these options would really help me but neither works! So does someone know of a way to bypass these issues? I'm currently using build v0.6 r2344. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by digiadventures - 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-15-2011, 12:28 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-15-2011, 09:16 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by Handelo - 10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: A Couple of Problems... - by LeaT - 10-18-2011, 07:06 PM