This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Persona 3 Portable(USA)
If he used ISOTOOL 1.74 on his game dump he could of applied the prometheus 0.5 patch or the newer one to this iso, which is required for this game inorder to boot on a real psp in the newer firmwares, which i do not care for (I use 3.90 m33, downgraded after the poor experience with the newer firmwares for the phat model).

This game only gives me a blank screen, patched with prometheus or not. So I am interested in a little more detail from others users. I read in the older forum, which you guys say is dead, so I didn't bother to post there, that this game loops in the emulator. No i didn't bother to try an older version of the emulator. And if the older versions are better, then stop releasing updates LMAO.

Seriously, I got the game used from a friend, I traded x-men legends 2 for it. Not with the intention of playing on my PSP, although I dumped the game from the UMD, to try it on this emulator, I am not updating my firmware beyond 3.90 m33 (tough luck sony you suck - very disappointed in psp - 3000). If this game does not work in the emulator in about 1 month, i'm going to trade it in a gamestop for money with my drivers license and destroy the backup I made from my UMD.

EDIT

With all options disabled except for these "Use vertex cache", and the 2 "ignore" memory options checked. The game runs at 10fps on a black screen with no picture from the emulator. This is from me decrypting the eboot.bin file and swaping it with the boot.bin file. I also tried just decrypting the eboot.bin file, and i get 2fps with no picture still.

I cross referenced this with METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER. Which freezes at the intro, if you decrypt the eboot.bin file. On my psp with 3.90 m33 fw, and on the emulator. If i update my fw I know it will work.

My psp doesn't identify the both games when i swap the boot.bin and decrypted eboot.bin files for both games, and the emulator gives black screens for both games using this method. Meaning I cannot see the intro of MGS peace walker. using the 1768 build.

OKAY, SO THE EMULATOR basically is on par with 3.90 m33 fw up to this point with what games it can play.

QUESTION

I'm going to promethus patch my Persona 3 backup, because there are a few games I will update my fw for in the near future. And i wonder will this become a problem for the emulator in the future, or can is it possible to ignore a "promethus patch" in the future, via an option?

EDIT

I just realized Iso_Tool 1.74, may not be keeping the lba table intact when it rewrites the file with the decrypted eboot.bin. As the older decrypter tool does not work on the newer games. I'm going to have to dump the game again and double check the lba addresses, apologies, by my result for persona 3 may not be accurate LMAO. I'll report back zzzzz
The Conclusion to the GOSPEL. Is the giving of NEWLIFE. I am the olive tree and the candlestick, I will deliver this place out of EGYPT which is to say death, with the giving of MY TESTIMONY. And together with the testimony of BABYLON, one testimony for NEWLIFE. The SEAL will be removed and the NEWLIFE given

Messages In This Thread
Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by zkaoru - 07-21-2010, 10:30 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by Orphis - 07-21-2010, 11:27 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by beanclr - 07-26-2010, 04:27 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by Darth1701 - 07-26-2010, 06:16 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by beanclr - 07-26-2010, 09:47 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by Darth1701 - 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by beanclr - 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by yeshuachrist - 09-18-2010, 10:58 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by Orphis - 09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by yeshuachrist - 09-19-2010, 12:50 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable(USA) - by wep - 01-19-2011, 09:04 AM