This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting savegame conversion...(jpcsp to psp)
I've tried several ways.

1. Savegame deemer - verified that their unencrypted format(after decryption) is different from jpcsp no crypto method. just for the heck of it, also tried it with crypto mode turned on. as expected, dead end. Not sure how serio did it once, according to his post. It could possibly be game dependent, I guess.

2. SED/Freecheat PSP - with freecheat, i'm assuming the keyfile it generates when dumping while saving is a sort of encryption key it detects while watching the save. because the keyfile i got from that wasn't able to decrypt my PSP savegame successfully(using SED english). now if my initial assumption is right, what if i can run a plugin like freecheat in jpcsp and then play a game? that way it can properly interpret jpcsp en/decryption into something SED can understand. i don't think jpcsp supports plugins yet, though. and i know i could be way way off on my assumption.

3. SED PC version - doesn't even run for me. just says kirk has stopped working...

In the many trial-and-error runs I did, I discovered that SWITCHING JPCSP CRYPTO WHILE IN GAME SEEMS TO CONFUSE JPCSP. On my test, when I do this, game freezes while loading save, sometimes just checking memory card freezes, and then sometimes it will just say data is corrupt when trying to load the savegame. so people who want to fiddle with your jpcsp saves this way, beware. back it up. don't be an idiot like me. Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requesting savegame conversion...(jpcsp to psp) - by jeremymd - 09-29-2012, 02:50 AM