This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release of External Software Rendering for JPCSP
More FFIV CC issues with external software renderer:
1. Java crash when starting boss battle (crash dump and save data are attached). Can be suppressed if issue 5 effect is on, but it will still crash later when Mist Dragon transforms .
2. Random battle swirl effect is laggy. The sound effect finishes playing and there is a brief pause until the battle music begins to play.
3. Leading character and NPCs (if any on screen) are randomly enclosed in dark gray blocks. Easiest to reproduce during the scripted battles during the beginning of the game, before initial save.
4. Possible Java crash when loading an old save data
5. Damage numbers are glitched or completely invisible sometimes. Seams related to dark gray block issue.

Attached Files
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 13.74 KB / Downloads: 129)
.zip   SAVEDATA.zip (Size: 1.9 MB / Downloads: 113)
(07-31-2014, 09:54 AM)iplayemugames Wrote: More FFIV CC issues with external software renderer:
1. Java crash when starting boss battle (crash dump and save data are attached). Can be suppressed if issue 5 effect is on, but it will still crash later when Mist Dragon transforms .
I found an issue that could cause such a crash. Could you retest with the new version 68ad4ef of the external software renderer?

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(08-01-2014, 03:14 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-31-2014, 09:54 AM)iplayemugames Wrote: More FFIV CC issues with external software renderer:
I found an issue that could cause such a crash. Could you retest with the new version 68ad4ef of the external software renderer?

Thank you!
Still crashes when dragon turns to mist. It seams that the crash before the fight to actually start is solved fortunately.

Attached Files
.zip   hs_err_pid9504.zip (Size: 6.5 KB / Downloads: 96)
(08-01-2014, 04:31 PM)iplayemugames Wrote: Still crashes when dragon turns to mist.
Is it possible to turn the log to DEBUG level just before the crash? A few seconds before would be great. This might give me more information about the exact condition for the crash.

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(08-01-2014, 04:55 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(08-01-2014, 04:31 PM)iplayemugames Wrote: Still crashes when dragon turns to mist.
Is it possible to turn the log to DEBUG level just before the crash? A few seconds before would be great. This might give me more information about the exact condition for the crash.

Thank you!

Log is linked because it is huge:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/319ac8552cc93f79d775/

Use Download Gist to get the entire log. Any other method ends with blob too large error. Best viewed in IDEs with automatic new line support such as Visual Studio because Github Gist wipes out extra spaces, as result of this it looks horrible in Notepad.
having extra lines when External Software Renderer is activated
Digimon Adventure (NPJH50686)

1x (Native PSP Resolution)
PMF VIDEO        
2x
PMF VIDEO        

サクラ大戦1&2(ULJM05109)
1x

2x

opengl

ロックマンDASH 鋼の冒険心(ULJM05030)
1x

2x

opengl

BTW start ppsspp v0.9.8-11xx, fixed サクラ大戦1&2(ULJM05109)and ロックマンDASH 鋼の冒険心(ULJM05030)
ppsspp Buffered rendering

In FFIV CC if you manage to get past the Mist dragon fight without it morphing it will definitely crash when Rydia summons Titan a bit later. I need to mention that PPSSPP had enemy summoning related issues with this game as well.
Another issue that I discovered is the selection hand being randomly invisible. Also the boss battle transition is still far from being correct.

Attached save data and crash dump for the enemy summoning related crash which seams similar to the Mist Dragon morphing crash.

Attached Files
.zip   SAVEDATA.zip (Size: 1.9 MB / Downloads: 97)
(08-13-2014, 08:32 AM)iplayemugames Wrote: In FFIV CC if you manage to get past the Mist dragon fight without it morphing it will definitely crash when Rydia summons Titan a bit later. I need to mention that PPSSPP had enemy summoning related issues with this game as well.
Another issue that I discovered is the selection hand being randomly invisible. Also the boss battle transition is still far from being correct.

Attached save data and crash dump for the enemy summoning related crash which seams similar to the Mist Dragon morphing crash.
I think to have identified the reason for the crash. A fix is available in 23bcb4a (when available in the "Live Downloads").
@gid15, where does the internal software renderer plugin source is being hosted. It would help a lot because unfortunately Emunewz buildbot is not renowned to be a prompt one. This information would fit perfectly on 1st post of this thread.
I searched for it a couple of weeks ago on both SourceForge and Github and got myself stuck with either no or too many results depending on the keywords I tried with.
(08-14-2014, 11:36 AM)iplayemugames Wrote: @gid15, where does the internal software renderer plugin source is being hosted. It would help a lot because unfortunately Emunewz buildbot is not renowned to be a prompt one. This information would fit perfectly on 1st post of this thread.
I searched for it a couple of weeks ago on both SourceForge and Github and got myself stuck with either no or too many results depending on the keywords I tried with.
I've sent a message to shadow to check the buildbot.
The source code of the external software renderer has not been released, we are still working on a closed source base.