This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Another Mono Atrac3+ Decoder
It's called "Atrac3plus2wav", which was written by Cooleyes.
It can convert mono/stereo .at3 files or .oma files to .wav files, but you need to find an atracplug.dll(build 2961, 1.98 MB, other versions won't work) first and copy the atracplug.dll to the same folder of atrac3plus2wav.exe to get it work.

Attached Files
.rar   atrac3plus2wav.rar (Size: 4.17 KB / Downloads: 6,503)
interesting, tracking down the correct SF was troublesome (9.0e), anyways it can be used to replace the default converter just edit '<jpcsp>\lib\windows-amd64\DecodeAudio.bat'
and change to
Code:
@echo off
set name=%~n1
lib\windows-amd64\atrac3plus2wav.exe %1
rename %1.wav %name%.wav

Although it works and converts mono, I quickly tested Wildarms XF and the voice (mono at3+) has a high pitch noise to it within Jpcsp, stereo files sound/play fine like before, so maybe Jpcsp is trying to play the mono wav in stereo. possibly a fixable jpcsp bug or running the wav through another converter like ffmpeg to convert to stereo.
"44100 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 705.6 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 88200->88200)"

Hopefully an open source alternative will be available soon.
(02-14-2013, 12:57 AM)hyakki Wrote: interesting, tracking down the correct SF was troublesome (9.0e), anyways it can be used to replace the default converter just edit '<jpcsp>\lib\windows-amd64\DecodeAudio.bat'
and change to
Code:
@echo off
set name=%~n1
rename %1.wav %name%.wav

Although it works and converts mono, I quickly tested Wildarms XF and the voice (mono at3+) has a high pitch noise to it within Jpcsp, stereo files sound/play fine like before, so maybe Jpcsp is trying to play the mono wav in stereo. possibly a fixable jpcsp bug or running the wav through another converter like ffmpeg to convert to stereo.
"44100 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 705.6 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 88200->88200)"

Hopefully an open source alternative will be available soon.

Yes, I modified the module150/sceAtrac3plus.java
Code:
setAtracOutputChannels(codecType == PSP_MODE_AT_3_PLUS ? atracChannels : 2);
-->
setAtracOutputChannels(2);
And then jpcsp plays the mono wav files will. No high pitch. Tested with
Tales of the World - Radiant Mythology 2 ULJS00175
Tales of the World - Radiant Mythology 3 NPJH50353
Shining Hearts NPJH50342

By the way, my DecodeAudio.bat looks like this:
Code:
@echo off
move %1.wav %2
IF NOT EXIST "%2" ( lib\windows-amd64\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2 )
because somehow atrac3plus2wav.exe can't convert ExtAudio-0.oma to wav.
it'd be at least a good temporary way to get at3+ mono sound on windows, until hykem implements those into jpcsp natively.

you get the sound forge trial version off sony's official website (http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/down...orgefamily then search for "Sound Forge 9.0"), then you either install the program or get the file from the installer (start the installer, press next when it first asks, when it tells you to install microsoft visual c++, alt tab out, go to where the files went (C:\Program Files\Sony Setup\Sound Forge 9.0 for me, on 64 bit systems it probably went to program files (x86)), open atracplu.cab with winzip/winrar/7zip and get the atracplug.dll file from it). then copy the file to where the exe from here is.

the good part here is that this thing is perfectly fine for anyone to do as far as i know. you're not doing anything illegal by installing a trial version of the program. even after the trial expires, the file remains.

much better than having to use the program itself combined with the other program, which is bound to the trial period.
i'm wondering can we distribute the atracplug.dll along with the jpcsp build ?
i don't think so. if it was possible, there wouldn't be any need for sonicstage either.
humm it may be difficult for end user Sad .

Anyway , i think this one should be the simplest way to decode at3 at this moment
it'll be kinda difficult, yeah. but this method works much better than the previous one, which was unreliable and needed a running sound forge to work, and even then it failed around half of the time.

maybe with time it'll be possible to do with it what was done with sonicstage, where you only had to install it to use its codecs. for now, the emulator has to be updated first to support this, since editing java code is beyond most people's abilities, me included.

it'd be nice if someone figured out how the dll file works, so you wouldn't need any of the programs in the future. just put the dll into the emulator's folder, enable it in the options and it'd decode things without having to run an external exe.
yep . i think i will try this out when i get back home to see how stable it is when compare with soundforge solution .

[raven02]
yeah modifying jpcsp to use 2 ch all the time fixes the high pitch in the mono files, (I also tried to make ffmpeg convert the mono wav to stereo and unfortunately it still plays wrong), so currently the only way is to modify the source like freefive mentioned, then it works pretty good, I would use his DecodeAudio.bat commands too since it falls back to the default decoder if something goes wrong (for example decoding video audio)...

tested with hexyz force , wild arms xf, mono audio is working great.

do you know if the person who made this program released the source code?