EmuNewz Network
Is This Specs. Okay? - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Hardware infos (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Thread: Is This Specs. Okay? (/showthread.php?tid=98056)

Pages: 1 2

Is This Specs. Okay? - jlr2_08 - 11-18-2012

RAM: 16GB Ram
CPU: Intel i5 3570K <----- Edited. Typo Error. Sorry :3
VGA: Nvidia 650Ti

Thanks In Advance. Big Grin

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - hyakki - 11-18-2012

should be fine, never heard of a 15 processor, ill just assume you mean I5 , the nvidia 650ti is a weaker card (only 128 bit memory bus) but it should be ok for jpcsp.

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - jlr2_08 - 11-18-2012

Typo Error, sorry. uhmm.. I thought Nvidia GTX 650 ti was good.. o.0

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - hyakki - 11-18-2012

(11-18-2012, 06:44 AM)jlr2_08 Wrote: Typo Error, sorry. uhmm.. I thought Nvidia GTX 650 ti was good.. o.0

It will do fine, though I meant it's the weakest part of your system Smile
From what I've read its more of an entry level card, it's still very fast and should do good in most of today's games, (it's also a ton better then the integrated Intel cards)
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-benchmark-gk106,3318.html

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - jlr2_08 - 11-19-2012

Should i get another video card or not?? is this card -> AMD 6870 HD 1gb and 256 bit better than that??

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - hyakki - 11-19-2012

I wouldn't get another card unless you want one are you getting bad performance? you can check the GPU load in a program like Nvidia Inspector.
I would currently stay away from AMD products, they have much less compatibility with opengl applications (you can see this in dolphin - opengl, pcsx2 ogl, jpcsp or anything that uses OpenGL), also given the state of the company, looks like they are about to go under...

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - jlr2_08 - 11-19-2012

I'm getting a Good Performance but i was just asking if i should... I was confident of buying another one but then you said that AMD has less compatibility with opengl... hmmm.. -.- thanks for the suggestions.

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - shin x - 11-19-2012

the best way to tell is to try
i bought amd hd 6850 thinking it will boost my fps way way higher than my old nvidia 9400 gt did but i was wrong lool my gpu load never exceeded 10 % and it is all the time 0% i wonder how could that be possible any way my 2 gigabyte ram stick is corrupted now looooooool all what i have now is 1 giga ram and my old cpu Sad
but hyakki can you explain to that open gl compatibility thing ??? isnt furmark using open gl testing method ? btw that is the way i knew my new gpu isnt the cause of bad fps because it gave the same fps using furmark as they showed in the websites i visited

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - montcer9012 - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 08:25 AM)hyakki Wrote: also given the state of the company, looks like they are about to go under...
Under? You meant like a solid company or the OpenGL thing? I have heard they are the chosen for making the video graphics of new game consoles (Xbox, PSx and the Wii U); that's a huge contract. I guess the saddest part are the poor support on OpenGL drivers, isn't?

(11-19-2012, 06:07 PM)shin x Wrote: the best way to tell is to try
i bought amd hd 6850 thinking it will boost my fps way way higher than my old nvidia 9400 gt did but i was wrong lool my gpu load never exceeded 10 % and it is all the time 0% i wonder how could that be possible any way my 2 gigabyte ram stick is corrupted now looooooool all what i have now is 1 giga ram and my old cpu Sad
I have always think that the most important piece on a gaming PC is the CPU (Even more than the GPU); i could be wrong but i support my opinion because have seen machines with weak video cards (Integrated video cards instead an dedicated GPU) equipped with an I7 or an AMD FX series, and the results are quite nice. I watch Assassin's Creed running on high settings with Intel HD graphics close to the 30 FPS (i7 CPU).

I own an AMD APU, which means it is an CPU and a dedicated GPU on a single (But complex) chip. The results i get with this APU are decent and i can't complaint. My full specs are this:
A8-3510mx
Radeon 6620g (512m, 444~667 Mhz)
8GB RAM at 1333 MHz

As i am saying, gaming performance with DirectX games are quite nice; i have finished on High Settings games like Resident Evil 5, Batman AA, Dead Space 1/2, Skyrim, Battlefield 3 (This one lags on Ultra, but high is good), COD ModernWarfare 3, Assassins Creed saga, GR Future Soldier and the list continues but my point is that the CPU is the one who make all this work nice. In fact, i am thinking upgrade my CPU to an A10; if i did i will continue with poor results on OpenGL applications but hey, i still having my PSP to play there Big Grin

RE: Is This Specs. Okay? - hyakki - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 09:20 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(11-19-2012, 08:25 AM)hyakki Wrote: also given the state of the company, looks like they are about to go under...
Under? You meant like a solid company or the OpenGL thing? I have heard they are the chosen for making the video graphics of new game consoles (Xbox, PSx and the Wii U); that's a huge contract. I guess the saddest part are the poor support on OpenGL drivers, isn't?

(11-19-2012, 06:07 PM)shin x Wrote: the best way to tell is to try
I have always think that the most important piece on a gaming PC is the CPU (Even more than the GPU); i could be wrong but i support my opinion because have seen machines with weak video cards (Integrated video cards instead an dedicated GPU) equipped with an I7 or an AMD FX series, and the results are quite nice. I watch Assassin's Creed running on high settings with Intel HD graphics close to the 30 FPS (i7 CPU).

I own an AMD APU, which means it is an CPU and a dedicated GPU on a single (But complex) chip. The results i get with this APU are decent and i can't complaint. My full specs are this:
A8-3510mx
Radeon 6620g (512m, 444~667 Mhz)
8GB RAM at 1333 MHz

As i am saying, gaming performance with DirectX games are quite nice; i have finished on High Settings games like Resident Evil 5, Batman AA, Dead Space 1/2, Skyrim, Battlefield 3 (This one lags on Ultra, but high is good), COD ModernWarfare 3, Assassins Creed saga, GR Future Soldier and the list continues but my point is that the CPU is the one who make all this work nice. In fact, i am thinking upgrade my CPU to an A10; if i did i will continue with poor results on OpenGL applications but hey, i still having my PSP to play there Big Grin

Go under means they might go out of business, I don't know how true it is but they seem in pretty bad shape, I remember something similar with 3dfx Smile
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_hires_bank_to_arrange_sale_or_pursue_other_alternatives.html