EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

other bug detect - MaXiMu - 03-13-2011

spotted other error if enabled vertex cache

add Debug GPU log and some photos

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jakeslogan - 03-14-2011

why whenever i turn on shader, Zack and NPC and monster become a mess?

I'm using rev 2017 VGA HD4650.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - beanclr - 03-14-2011

^Are u using Ati? If so what catalyst version are you using. Try disabling UBO when using shaders and see if that helps.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - shakirmole - 03-14-2011

Here are some things that were test with r2017 and yes shaders work well on ATI with the right settings although losing around 10+ FPS. Attached a log for each of the tests although i found the GPU debug log to take forever to get logged. Sorry for missing that.

Conducted 5 Tests as following
Test 1 (control) - Ticked 4 settings ie. Enable Shaders, Vertex Cache, Dynamic Shader Gen, and Save GE to textures. Worked Perfectly and attached Test1 image ingame
Test 2 - Control settings from Test 1 and ticked encoding through CLUT. Game did not start and got many errors on the cmd screen attached as CLUT errors
Test 3 - Control settings and Geometry Shader. I didnt get the first two screens and attached an ingame screenshot. Notice the start and select text at the bottom right
Test 4 - Control settings and disable UBO. This caused a crash right after the save load. It gave a text error log attached as Test4.txt
Test 5 - Control settings and Enable VAO. Couple of issues such as there being no animation between the first two screens (fading) and the first screen was surrounded by blackness attached image as Test5Start. Secondly, Ingame the game was shaky when it first loaded but after moving a bit, the screen became totally messed. Attached both situations as Test5P1 and Test5P2

Hope it helps guys and if you need something else, tell me so
Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4670

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jakeslogan - 03-15-2011

(03-14-2011, 07:02 PM)beanclr Wrote: ^Are u using Ati? If so what catalyst version are you using. Try disabling UBO when using shaders and see if that helps.

hey thanks a lot, by disabling UBO now it work like it would have to.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - gid15 - 03-15-2011

(03-14-2011, 11:12 PM)shakirmole Wrote: Here are some things that were test with r2017 and yes shaders work well on ATI with the right settings although losing around 10+ FPS. Attached a log for each of the tests although i found the GPU debug log to take forever to get logged. Sorry for missing that.

Conducted 5 Tests as following
Test 1 (control) - Ticked 4 settings ie. Enable Shaders, Vertex Cache, Dynamic Shader Gen, and Save GE to textures. Worked Perfectly and attached Test1 image ingame
Test 2 - Control settings from Test 1 and ticked encoding through CLUT. Game did not start and got many errors on the cmd screen attached as CLUT errors
Test 3 - Control settings and Geometry Shader. I didnt get the first two screens and attached an ingame screenshot. Notice the start and select text at the bottom right
Test 4 - Control settings and disable UBO. This caused a crash right after the save load. It gave a text error log attached as Test4.txt
Test 5 - Control settings and Enable VAO. Couple of issues such as there being no animation between the first two screens (fading) and the first screen was surrounded by blackness attached image as Test5Start. Secondly, Ingame the game was shaky when it first loaded but after moving a bit, the screen became totally messed. Attached both situations as Test5P1 and Test5P2

Hope it helps guys and if you need something else, tell me so
Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4670
Very good test report: extensive, including log files and screenshots Smile
Which Catalyst version are you using? 11.2?

Thank you!

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - shakirmole - 03-15-2011

i just realised i am using an old 10.10... i will download the latest one and test again with the latest rev lol

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - theball - 03-15-2011

rev 1021 :
ATI radeon HD2600 catalyst 11.2

If I check :
- Use shaders;
- Disable UBO;
- Enable saving GE to textures;
- Enable dynamic shaders generation.

15 FPS ingame (40-45 for videos), but the game crash when I touch someone during a figth :/
And this errors appears :

Exception in thread "AUDIO MIXER THREAD" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

But If I check Enable decoding of indexed CLUT and uncheck Enable saving GE to textures, all characters are not shown and I have an other error (I've no time to redo this today) but it's always a java heap space ...

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jakeslogan - 03-16-2011

I don't know if this apply to everyone but by enabling vertex cache gimme some extra speed.
BTW, My CAL is 11.2

Quote:But If I check Enable decoding of indexed CLUT and uncheck Enable saving GE to textures, all characters are not shown and I have an other error (I've no time to redo this today) but it's always a java heap space ...

yeah, i got the same problem whenever enabling CLUT w/wo Enable saving GE to textures.

#It's time for a showoff heh heh...

#2: the last pic show what happened when i set method to 50.

RE: other bug detect - hyakki - 03-16-2011

(03-13-2011, 11:56 AM)MaXiMu Wrote: spotted other error if enabled vertex cache

add Debug GPU log and some photos

I get the same problem when vertex cache and Enable VAO is enabled (nvidia video card) tested in r2023
(if i disable VAO then vertex cache looks normal)