EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 12-15-2010

jre7 can make it run a-little smoother, but it's not officially supported by the emu (and its still in development) but from my tests it mostly works (expect alot of gs corruption, and the viewport being really small (widescreen effect) when only ge is unchecked),
sometimes I swap the jre6 dir with the jre7 dir for quick testing., though unless you know what you're doing I wouldn't try this since you can break java and maybe even your system.

for jre6 you can try the launcher and checking UseConcMarkSweepGC and UseParNewGC might help reduce some pausing effects for a smoother feel, or for older cpu's try the parallel one

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jakeslogan - 12-15-2010

(12-15-2010, 12:44 PM)hyakki Wrote: for jre6 you can try the launcher and checking UseConcMarkSweepGC and UseParNewGC might help reduce some pausing effects for a smoother feel, or for older cpu's try the parallel one

older CPU here means Single Core right?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - ElCapro - 12-15-2010

Hello to everybody!!! And thanks for the beautifull work!!!!!!!

I have 2 problems to solve:
1)videos (for exemples before to talk with Lazar for the first time, after the first savepoint) are too slow: The words wait for the pictures, but the pictures are too slow (fps problem???)
2)the battles are slow too!!!

How can I make the two things go faster???

Actually I'm running r1890 with 1GB ram (I think that this is the problem????) and on a windows 7.

Thanks for your help!

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Darth1701 - 12-16-2010

(12-15-2010, 10:05 PM)ElCapro Wrote: Hello to everybody!!! And thanks for the beautifull work!!!!!!!

I have 2 problems to solve:
1)videos (for exemples before to talk with Lazar for the first time, after the first savepoint) are too slow: The words wait for the pictures, but the pictures are too slow (fps problem???)
2)the battles are slow too!!!

How can I make the two things go faster???

Actually I'm running r1890 with 1GB ram (I think that this is the problem????) and on a windows 7.

Thanks for your help!

Can't say much on the speed because you forgot to mention your CPU but 1 GB with Windows 7 is way too less. It's like XP with 512 MB. It works but as soon as some app requests more RAM (and JPCSP asks for 1 GB of RAM!) it starts swapping.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 12-16-2010

you could try to set the -xmx value in the bat file to something like 512m instead of 1024m (it can never physically allocate that much, windows 7 with everything disabled might use 500m~, so that leaves 500m~ free for programs maybe less considering if you have antivirus, messenger programs, ..etc).
really just running windows 7 with 1gb of ram is a bad idea (everything is going to get paged and be horrible performance not to mention stress the hard drives) and when more and more apps are added the worse it will get, esp java since it needs alot of ram.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Darth1701 - 12-16-2010

(12-16-2010, 07:37 AM)hyakki Wrote: you could set the xmx value in the bat file to something like 512m instead of 1024m (jpcsp is asking for 1 gig of ram just for itself, so if thats your total ram then its a problem), really just running windows 7 with 1gb of ram is a bad idea (everything is going to get paged and be horrible performance and stress the hard drives out) and when more and more apps are added the worse it will get, esp java since it needs alot of ram.

Hi Hyakki,

of course he could set the memory lower but then again he would have problems with JPCSP where there are certain unknown errors and different behavior than with 1 GB. The reason for setting the memory to 1024 MB was because of these errors.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 12-16-2010

yea he should just buy more ram (its pretty cheap now)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - shakirmole - 12-17-2010

or he could buy a psp and play the game on it

EDIT: 1914 plays very wonderfully until a mission in costa de sol
the screen was monochrome unless u go close to an enemy but then during the battle a crash occured which immediately closed down everything... do i need better drivers?

And the game is very fast in some areas (overall its around 80% speed) and the graphics look smoother (without shaders as it doesnt work with it) but the shadows seem to be to too small at times

EDIT: The monochrome effect is gone if i put ATI catalyst to optimal settings... something is messing around BUT the shaders still dont work (which give me 5-6fps increase albeit i cant see the important things including videos)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jakeslogan - 12-18-2010

I'm now constantly get HIMDRENDER.exe error after infiltrated the base. Though the game don't crash, this is really annoying.

#Edit: it is fixed now, look like the problem came from my SonicStage. I tried to reinstall in but it didn't work so I decided to run it, then it made a restore that fixed my problems.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jinkazama2k7 - 12-18-2010

guys i have an error running crisis core with jpcsp launher, whenever i load the game the launcher says "closed/terminated"

please see the error below;