EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - theball - 12-05-2010

So now with the r1881.
Sound video is normal but I don't know if it ati card or something else but the sound decrease fps and game freeze finally, 6 fps at beginning in game and 3 fps shown when it becomes extremly slowdown in the video after the first fight (but 1 fps or less in reality) ...
So is there problems with audio buffer or the decodable audio is not correctly deleted after we heard it ?

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - mordaki987 - 12-05-2010

i'm talking about during the actual fmv sequences like the intro ect. and i really haven't heard much in the way of music or anything during battle sequences ect. just an observation is all.

(12-05-2010, 12:05 PM)theball Wrote: So now with the r1881.
Sound video is normal but I don't know if it ati card or something else but the sound decrease fps and game freeze finally, 6 fps at beginning in game and 3 fps shown when it becomes extremly slowdown in the video after the first fight (but 1 fps or less in reality) ...
So is there problems with audio buffer or the decodable audio is not correctly deleted after we heard it ?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - elpan - 12-05-2010

finally got my Crisis Core. wow awesome speed improvement since the last time I played this. I notice if you use the decoder the game tends to freeze at some point.
EDIT: It works ok with the old Convertie method and i can here more bgm. I made sure to give each method own files to prevent any conflict of the two methods.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Hykem - 12-05-2010

@mordaki987: There are multiple kinds of sounds used in PSP games, which use different media types. For instance, sceSasCore is only responsible for sound effects or very basic voices (shouts, steps, explosions) in raw PCM data or ADPCM/VAG data. But, on the other hand, sceAtrac3plus, handles most BGM music (sound tracks) in AT3 or AT3+ formats. So, there shouldn't be any changes in background music, because we still can't convert AT3+ data through Xuggler.
Currently, we either use a real PSP or, more recently, a separate installation of SonicStage.

@theball: Are you referring to the same issue as elpan? The game freezes if you use the SonicStage method?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - afterlife04 - 12-05-2010

I've noticed with SonicStage on the game will freeze after some battles. But with it off it works fine.....any ideas why its freezing with sonicstage is on? This is with Build 1881.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - holyvin - 12-06-2010

lol im back, jpcsp improve a LOT, but i got stucked in the 1st mission =.=?it just freeze lol. Eh wow, i removed the decoder, its so freaking smooth lol

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - rayhansen - 12-06-2010

ive played crisis core on rev 1881 and it worked beatifully, but there are some isues with the BGM. I read on a post that there is a way to extract the music from the iso to a folder so you can play the game with sound. Can i extract all the music from crisis core iso before i play it, so when i play it i dont need to wait for SonicStage to decode them, and eventually crash?

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Kai3213 - 12-06-2010

(12-06-2010, 09:44 PM)rayhansen Wrote: ive played crisis core on rev 1881 and it worked beatifully, but there are some isues with the BGM. I read on a post that there is a way to extract the music from the iso to a folder so you can play the game with sound. Can i extract all the music from crisis core iso before i play it, so when i play it i dont need to wait for SonicStage to decode them, and eventually crash?
Yes, manually decoding the audio before hand with work perfectly just delete the one's decoded with the jpcsp so that there is no conflict and uncheck the decode option.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - rayhansen - 12-06-2010

(12-06-2010, 09:48 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(12-06-2010, 09:44 PM)rayhansen Wrote: ive played crisis core on rev 1881 and it worked beatifully, but there are some isues with the BGM. I read on a post that there is a way to extract the music from the iso to a folder so you can play the game with sound. Can i extract all the music from crisis core iso before i play it, so when i play it i dont need to wait for SonicStage to decode them, and eventually crash?
Yes, manually decoding the audio before hand with work perfectly just delete the one's decoded with the jpcsp so that there is no conflict and uncheck the decode option.

how do i manually decode the audio?, with the convertie method? i dont understand how to use it

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - theball - 12-06-2010

(12-05-2010, 04:21 PM)Hykem Wrote: @theball: Are you referring to the same issue as elpan? The game freezes if you use the SonicStage method?

@hykem No I don't have sonicStage and I didn't use the Conversie method.
I use only mediaengine and nothing else to decoda audio. And as I said, it doesn't freeze but the game becomes extremelly slowdown with r1881 (I didn't try with nex revisions for the moment). At the video of behemot, I waitted 10 minutes at the beginning and I've seen that the video moved yet (10min = 1sec of video -_-). It's why I ask if the problem is only for ATI cards or if other computers have the same problems (and I have 4gg rams so the problem is not there).