EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - sephirothzero - 07-09-2010

(07-08-2010, 09:14 PM)shakirmole Wrote: i am using 1609 and get acceptable speed.. fun to play...
does the text during cutscenes disappear quickly still? thts the only important thing left for me (happened almost always when aeris was talking to zack in the park)

Have you decode the audio files for this cutscene? When i have decode the audio and play the scene with the quickly text again (with sounds), the speed is normal. I think this scenes needs the audio files (voices from the people who speak).

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - shakirmole - 07-09-2010

yeah i guess maybe jpcsp can do some fixes to keep the text as long as the audio should be... thanks for the info
i have not decoded the audio since i dont want to use my PSP at all, maybe in few months people will shift totally from PSP to JPCSP esp that the team is working very hard (i remember they did this as we had atleast one release everyday)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - holyvin - 07-10-2010

why is video(intro) u shown audio is so perfect? u decoded right from PSP is it hyakki?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 07-10-2010

that was from an old build, right when the media engine was first implemented and the movies didn't play at the emulator speed (played at full video speed so everything played just like a media player would play them) Now the media engine is integrated into the emulator and plays at the emulator speed for better compatibility / control / subtitle support..etc), same with the audio so it can be choppy / jittery sometimes since its not syncing at the video fps. I don't think the devs got into syncing audio / video yet either.

if you encode video audio at higher then 44100khz and using the A|U-LAW format you can get somewhat better sounds in the movies but they will still have some skip or sync problems although alot better then raw pcm

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Kai3213 - 07-12-2010

I just noticed that Enable WaitThreadEndCB is missing in the recent revisions...whats going on here??? I also noticed that on rev 1678, the controls are extremely delayed. For example, you tap forward and it takes 1-3 seconds for Zack to react. At least for me that is.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Hykem - 07-12-2010

(07-12-2010, 06:09 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: I just noticed that Enable WaitThreadEndCB is missing in the recent revisions...whats going on here??? I also noticed that on rev 1678, the controls are extremely delayed. For example, you tap forward and it takes 1-3 seconds for Zack to react. At least for me that is.

That setting is no longer needed. It was removed on purpose.
The button delay is probably due to r1670.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - gid15 - 07-12-2010

(07-12-2010, 06:35 PM)Hykem Wrote: The button delay is probably due to r1670.
Right, the delay problem has been introduced with r1670. I will have a look at this. The sample buffer size of 64 is correct, but there must be another side effect.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - ZackFair - 07-12-2010

Hello, I discovered strange sound problem while playing crisis core. The sound is somehow distorted. But only for voice and background music. I used hyakkis program convertie. It was working till r. 1649.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 07-12-2010

(07-12-2010, 09:54 PM)ZackFair Wrote: Hello, I discovered strange sound problem while playing crisis core. The sound is somehow distorted. But only for voice and background music. I used hyakkis program convertie. It was working till r. 1649.

actually I think it broke in r1654, I'm not sure whats causing it if its a Jpcsp issue or if i need to change the audio encode format again, Ill wait and see what happens before i change anything.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Hykem - 07-13-2010

(07-12-2010, 10:43 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(07-12-2010, 09:54 PM)ZackFair Wrote: Hello, I discovered strange sound problem while playing crisis core. The sound is somehow distorted. But only for voice and background music. I used hyakkis program convertie. It was working till r. 1649.

actually I think it broke in r1654, I'm not sure whats causing it if its a Jpcsp issue or if i need to change the audio encode format again, Ill wait and see what happens before i change anything.

That's because sasCore is now generating an empty waveform each time it's called. I don't know yet how to get the proper shape to output. Sad