EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - serio - 06-20-2012

processor, graphic card, fast ram, stuff like that. but mostly it's because java's not using the hardware to its fullest as far as i know. even on a super-quality pc java can get pretty slow, especially with heavy stuff like realistic shadows and lighting.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Viperus - 06-20-2012

(06-20-2012, 01:44 AM)anastasia21 Wrote:
(06-19-2012, 09:28 PM)hyakki Wrote: try to disable shaders.

Thank you, that worked! I get new game/load game now. And no black screens! But still the game is veeery slow and laggy:( During battle, it almost halted to a stop.
(06-19-2012, 11:02 PM)serio Wrote: psp itself doesn't have super specs, but java does need a lot of power. it probably still isn't adjusted to use multiple cores and 3d rendering to the fullest.

for example, you can run skyrim in hq ok with your graphic card, but a guy with a beastly pc can't run minecraft with the extended shaders and optimization mods at more than 30 fps.

Power as in processor? Ram usage? I'm sorry, I don't understand completely.:S

EDIT: Wait, I tried running it in 32bit again and it works great!(so far!) Woo! I think I might be able to play after all^_^ Thank you everyone for your help!

Good for you. Also, to explain how the whole emulation works:

1. Java is about 3-4x slower then c++ code, so even though PSP is not that powerful, to play it, you need 4x stronger PC then to play a low res PC game (which is written in c++).

2. PSP itself is a physical device that contains circuits, transistors and lots of other stuff. When you emulate something on the PC, you actually make an imaginary copy of that device. And then you simulate how that device works. Obviously, real chips in PSP work a lot faster (2-10x) than a mathematical formula that pretends to be the chip.

So, to emulate something you need a lot stronger PC. Thats why PS2 emulator sometimes lags on much much stronger Core 2 Duo processors.

As to the question, why did they use Java instead of c++, Java is a lot easier to code.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - anastasia21 - 06-20-2012

I see, I think I understand now. Thank you both for taking the time to explain!Smile

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Thias08 - 06-21-2012

I have the problem with the sprites disappearing. It mainly happens when you walk towards the screen. In some of the parts that are not videos but are parts where they are talking, it happens there too. Anyone know a fix for that?

(05-08-2012, 09:21 PM)hyakki Wrote: I was able to get some reproducible errors on the wutai level in r2551
sometimes the emulator will go into pause state with invalid memory address
read32 - Invalid memory address : 0x18 PC=0889C658

I'm also seeing some graphic corruption where the character sprites will disappear randomly (see screenshot) or there is a weird temporary horizontal static effect (happens fast so couldn't get a screen)

Code:
88406     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time
88475     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time
88532     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time
88569     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time
88631     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time
88670     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time
88731     GUI     WARN     ge     BoundingBox Query result not available in due time

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Thias08 - 06-21-2012

This happens when you are getting ready to leave for Wutai and during the beginning of Wutai

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - rowan_G - 06-21-2012

(06-19-2012, 08:15 AM)Viperus Wrote: Youre using anti aliasing right?

AA only works on 3d graphics, not movies. So, movies stay in their PSP resolution.
thank you for responding, I am not using antialliasing but I have enabled it just to be sure that isnt the problem! same thing happened.

here I have made some screenshots:
[Image: 4eMv2.png]
the cutscene after behemoth is defeated, you can obviously see the hard edges and that it isnt rendered in a higher res at all.
[Image: W5HHX.png]
the cutscene after the one above where zack talks to kunzel, everything is high quality and in a nice res.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 06-21-2012

The first screen is a pre-rendered movie, even though it looks 3d its still a movie, that's why it has jagged edges, the second screen is a 3d rendered scene.
A-lot of game developers use pre-rendered movies as a way to show scenes when the hardware isn't fast enough to process the scene or its just to much work to program on that platform.
you can read more about pre-rendering here Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-rendering

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - rowan_G - 06-21-2012

(06-21-2012, 09:33 PM)hyakki Wrote: The first screen is a pre-rendered movie, even though it looks 3d its still a movie, that's why it has jagged edges, the second screen is a 3d rendered scene.
A-lot of game developers use pre-rendered movies as a way to show scenes when the hardware isn't fast enough to process the scene or its just to much work to program on that platform.
you can read more about pre-rendering here Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-rendering

indeed, I just checked out the .pmf files of crisis core and its in there...
Smile didnt expect that they used movie files for ingame graphics

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - LeonhartGR - 06-24-2012

Ok just tested jpcsp-2574-windows-amd64 for 64bit systems. I use JPCSP Launcher v1.7.0.5 with full-screen feature 1920x1080 32 bit For my system specs everything worked excellent (shadows work great!) with "Anti-Aliasing at x16" and "Anisotropic filtering=enabled" and with the settings bellow (make sure you have downloaded the latest nvidia even beta driver):

Code:
|Video|
[x] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew)
[-] Use vertex cache
[x] Use shaders (experimental)                                                 <---- Non Nvidia GPU's Disable if you have graphic problems.
[x] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)  <---- Non Nvidia GPU's Disable if you have graphic problems.
[-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)
[-] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[-] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)

|Media|
[x] Use Media Engine
[-] Extract media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
[x] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

l Compiler l
[x] Use compiler
- 50 max method size

l Display l
OFF and Native (I have 1920x1080 60hz on my 32'' lcd tv screen)

Legend
[-] = Unchecked
[x] = Checked
[!] = Optional, use at own risk (possibly a speedup, can cause crashes / bugs, disable this first if you run into problems)
::When changing options do it before you load the game, or else you'll need to close and restart Jpcsp.::

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Ghythybhy - 06-24-2012

How come everytime i play FF7 Crisis Core i get this DARN problem Java™ Platform SE Binary has stopped working how do i fix this? -_-

My specs:
i7-2600k @4.5ghz
PCS AMD HD 6970 1400/900mhz
8GB Corsair 1600mhz
Windows 7 64-bit