EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - rowan_G - 06-19-2012

Why is that there seems to be a resolution switch in cutscenes, If I play in HD everything is completely smooth but when a cutscene starts it seems to revert to the original psp resolution. Is there a way to fix this?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Viperus - 06-19-2012

Youre using anti aliasing right?

AA only works on 3d graphics, not movies. So, movies stay in their PSP resolution.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - anastasia21 - 06-19-2012

(06-18-2012, 08:27 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(06-18-2012, 02:44 PM)anastasia21 Wrote: Hi there, I'm new here.
I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm trying to make Crisis Core work, without much success so far.

First of all, I have a 64bit system with i5-2430M CPU @ 2,4GH, 6GB ram, and Nvidia Geforce 525m GT video card.

I have tried virtually everything, run with launcher/without launcher, 32/64 builds, and both the config settings recommended at the beginning of this thread, and the latest ones recommended by Viperus, but I can't seem to get the game to play. The video in the beginning runs fine, the music sounds great(I installed SonicStage and enabled media engine), but after the video plays, there is no new game/load game, only a black screen with some more music, and after that finishes playing, the video reloads and so on. I can't use my keyboard at all.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help!

new game/load game only show up if you press a button, same as on the psp.

try going to the jpcsp controller config then remap the keys, if the keyboard isnt working right.

Thank you for your answer!
I tried changing the controls config, the only ones that respond during the video in the beginning are x, circle, triangle and square, but whenever I press them the screen goes black.(press them again, the video resumes) Oh and when I press the x key twice it takes me to a savedata list window.
Which button do you normally press to show new game/load game?

you need to press x, up arrow, x, that will bring you to the new game. But I'm somewhat confused by the fact your screen goes black instead of showing the menu.

(06-19-2012, 05:35 PM)Viperus Wrote: you need to press x, up arrow, x, that will bring you to the new game. But I'm somewhat confused by the fact your screen goes black instead of showing the menu.

Thanks, that worked, but still no menu. Something is definitely very wrong, shouldn't my computer be able to run this? During the second video, the screen went black every time the subs appeared(unless that's normal, I've never played this before). It was mostly black until Zack answers the phone, and then this

[Image: smazc6.jpg]

alternating with this

[Image: b8w74k.png]

:S

Hmm, your graphics card isnt that great, but I cant really think of anything that would cause this. Have you updated java / graphics card drivers?

(06-19-2012, 06:33 PM)Viperus Wrote: Hmm, your graphics card isnt that great, but I cant really think of anything that would cause this. Have you updated java / graphics card drivers?

Thanks, I did that. But that didn't work eitherSad
I know my graphics card isn't that great, but I can run Skyrim in hq, for example. This is weird. What kind of superspecs does the PSP have?Tongue

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 06-19-2012

try to disable shaders.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - serio - 06-19-2012

psp itself doesn't have super specs, but java does need a lot of power. it probably still isn't adjusted to use multiple cores and 3d rendering to the fullest.

for example, you can run skyrim in hq ok with your graphic card, but a guy with a beastly pc can't run minecraft with the extended shaders and optimization mods at more than 30 fps.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - anastasia21 - 06-20-2012

(06-19-2012, 09:28 PM)hyakki Wrote: try to disable shaders.

Thank you, that worked! I get new game/load game now. And no black screens! But still the game is veeery slow and laggySad During battle, it almost halted to a stop.
(06-19-2012, 11:02 PM)serio Wrote: psp itself doesn't have super specs, but java does need a lot of power. it probably still isn't adjusted to use multiple cores and 3d rendering to the fullest.

for example, you can run skyrim in hq ok with your graphic card, but a guy with a beastly pc can't run minecraft with the extended shaders and optimization mods at more than 30 fps.

Power as in processor? Ram usage? I'm sorry, I don't understand completely.:S

EDIT: Wait, I tried running it in 32bit again and it works great!(so far!) Woo! I think I might be able to play after all^_^ Thank you everyone for your help!