EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - LeonhartGR - 06-06-2012

(06-05-2012, 10:13 PM)AlgeruS Wrote: I have the following specs:

i7 2600k
8GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 560ti

Help would be much appreciated.

You have a BEAST Big Grin I sent you a PM.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - AlgeruS - 06-06-2012

(06-05-2012, 10:13 PM)AlgeruS Wrote: Hello, I have a bunch of questions
I apologize in advance for asking questions that most likely have already been asked but I hope you can bear with me as I have completely no idea of what I am doing with this emulator

Anyway, I tried to play Crisis Core on the latest downloadable version of JPCSP
I have quite a few problems though:
1. I can't see any videos, I just get this: http://horobox.co.uk/u/AlgeruS_1338942641.jpg
2. Absolutely no voices (when Zack is talking on the phone for example)
3. Game is choppy and laggy as hell
4. Also looks bad

Can somebody help me out making it look both better and actually run well? That would be much appreciated
I tried applying some of the settings from the OP but it doesn't seem to help

I have the following specs:

i7 2600k
8GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 560ti
Windows 7 64bit

Help would be much appreciated.
Ok, I hadn't noticed you can scroll down in the "code" window under the "High-End PC" part in the OP so I fixed most of my problems.

Still have some, though.

When playing on the latest build on the 64bit version my emulator crashes the moment Zack tries to talk on the phone. I've tried playing on the 32bit version thinking it'd fix the problem, and it kinda did fix the crashing problem, but instead I get other problems like heavy stuttering in video sequences and the menu (the one on the triangle key) bugging out and not showing anything.

Can somebody recommend me a stable build where the game works perfectly?

I have tried the 32bit and 64bit versions of r2568 and 32bit version of r2565, none have worked correctly by now.

EDIT: Just gonna make a list of versions that have not worked for me untill I find a working one.
-r2568 64bit - Game crashes the moment Zack talks on the phone, very smooth videos though
-r2568 32bit - Lagging videos, non-working inventory, very smooth gameplay
-r2565 32bit - 2 FPS, non-working inventory, lagging videos
-r2080 64bit - Won't let me load the UMD, screen just stays empty
-r2130 64bit - When I try to load an UMD I get a bunch of errors in the cmd.exe
-r2150 64bit - Same as r2130
-r2170 64bit - Same as r2130
-r2250 64bit - Same as r2130

EDIT #2: Ok, I got it to work perfectly on r2568 64bit!
I uninstalled every single Java application I had and only reinstalled a clean version of the newest 64bit JRE. Now everything works perfectly.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Viperus - 06-07-2012

Srsly, whats up with this emulator, I have i7 3770k and Nvidia 560GTX, 8GB RAM and im still getting low fps.

I used the settings I saw a few pages earlier, also the fullscreen (which caused the game to stop after I beat Behemoth btw -> actuall AA or AF might be to blame) to increase FPS, but no use. After checking CPU / GPU usage, I noticed my cores are <25% and GPU never going over 70% with AAx4. Any way to make the emulator actually use your full processing power?

edit:

So, what JPCSP revision / 32 & 64bit version / Java version / settings do you recommend? Maybe using hyakki's launcher?

I tried using 32bit r2570 with Java 7.2 but I get messed up menues.

You should really edit your 1st post and put info like latest stable revision, java and other stuff, because its really annyoing to browse 136 pages to find the latest working settings.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - xRena - 06-11-2012

Hello,

can anyone help me with the configuration?
I use the current jpcsp version with the jpcsp launcher and Sonic Stage.

I've already tested out different settings & these seem to work, but sometimes it still lags and in some scenes this happens:

My configuration:
l Video l
[ ] Disable VBO
[x] Only GE graphics
[x] Use vertex cache
[x] Use shaders
[x] Use a Geometry shader for 2d rendering
[ ] Disable UBO
[x] Enable VAO
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[x] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader
[ ] Enable dynamic shader generation
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test"
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask"
[x] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading
[ ] Use Software Rendering

l Memory l
[x] Ignore invalid memory access
[x] Ignore unmapped imports (I have the feelings it's a bit faster then)

l Media l
[x] Use Media Engine
[ ] Extract Media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with SonicStage
[ ] Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts)

l Compiler l
[x] Use compiler
- 50 max method size

l Display l
OFF and Native
2.00 GHz processor
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce graphic card
Java 7 (latest update)

What can I do?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - roninenix - 06-13-2012

This is the best i could do using the emulator until the game just crashed with a blank error notice.

http://youtu.be/rxFioEygzG4

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - xRena - 06-14-2012

(06-13-2012, 12:45 AM)roninenix Wrote: This is the best i could do using the emulator until the game just crashed with a blank error notice.

What are your settings?

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - roninenix - 06-14-2012

(06-14-2012, 11:38 AM)xRena Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 12:45 AM)roninenix Wrote: This is the best i could do using the emulator until the game just crashed with a blank error notice.

What are your settings?

for Video i only had these two listed below checked.

"Only GE Graphics"
"Use Vertex Cache"

for Media:

"Use Media Engine"
"Decode Audio files with SonicStage"

Compiler:

"Use compiler"
"100 Maximum Method Size"

Display:

"Anti-Aliasing at x16"

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Viperus - 06-16-2012

Ok, managed to make the game playable:

I am using i7 3770k , 8GB RAM and GeForce GTX 560Ti
Note that these settings should work for you too, since my cores didnt go over 30% usage.

JPCSP r2568 64bit + Java 7.5 64bit on Win7 Pro

avg frames - 34 (recorded with fraps)

64bit JPCSP gives higher FPS in my experience.

Video
"Only GE Graphics"
"Use Vertex Cache"
"Use shaders (experimental)"
"Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering......"
"Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory"
"Enable decoding of indexeed......."

Memory
"Ignore invalid memory ....."

Compiler
"Use compiler"
"100" Maximum method size

Display
Anti-alisaing: "x4"
Resolution : "Native"
check Start JPCSP in Full screen

Press OK, restart JPCSP and try it now.

edit: I put my save files in this archive.
You have to copy SAVEDATA folder in your JPCSP\ms0\PSP\ folder if you want to use them.

I suggest you use the 3rd save file to BENCHMARK since its a short animation and a fight with lots of enemies onscreen.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4b0uoj

I get average 34FPS in that fight.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - anastasia21 - 06-18-2012

Hi there, I'm new here.
I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm trying to make Crisis Core work, without much success so far.

First of all, I have a 64bit system with i5-2430M CPU @ 2,4GH, 6GB ram, and Nvidia Geforce 525m GT video card.

I have tried virtually everything, run with launcher/without launcher, 32/64 builds, and both the config settings recommended at the beginning of this thread, and the latest ones recommended by Viperus, but I can't seem to get the game to play. The video in the beginning runs fine, the music sounds great(I installed SonicStage and enabled media engine), but after the video plays, there is no new game/load game, only a black screen with some more music, and after that finishes playing, the video reloads and so on. I can't use my keyboard at all.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help!

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 06-18-2012

(06-18-2012, 02:44 PM)anastasia21 Wrote: Hi there, I'm new here.
I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm trying to make Crisis Core work, without much success so far.

First of all, I have a 64bit system with i5-2430M CPU @ 2,4GH, 6GB ram, and Nvidia Geforce 525m GT video card.

I have tried virtually everything, run with launcher/without launcher, 32/64 builds, and both the config settings recommended at the beginning of this thread, and the latest ones recommended by Viperus, but I can't seem to get the game to play. The video in the beginning runs fine, the music sounds great(I installed SonicStage and enabled media engine), but after the video plays, there is no new game/load game, only a black screen with some more music, and after that finishes playing, the video reloads and so on. I can't use my keyboard at all.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help!

new game/load game only show up if you press a button, same as on the psp.

try going to the jpcsp controller config then remap the keys, if the keyboard isnt working right.