EmuNewz Network
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336 (/showthread.php?tid=976)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - polainas - 08-09-2011

Hey guys, thank you very much for the help.
I got it to work. It seems that the problem was the path actually, which is odd because the old one wasnt that long neither in name or depth and didnt contain any weird characters. Anyway, using as c:\jpcsp made it work. Or some of the constant reinstalls of the java tools decided to kick it and work. Go figures :p

I'm just fighting against some battle crashes now while I try different combinations of settings... but Im happy it is working at least. So thanks again o/

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - kamijoan - 08-09-2011

Umm... hello?
I need help... i just got the latest version of the emulator and crisis core but there are 2 problems...
First, on the first video the sound "moves" at some point, so the shots or voices are late...
And second, as soon as the video ends, it jumps from the 30-40 fps to some 6-15 fps..

I need help Sad
Thanks.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jaeger109 - 08-10-2011

i just stumbled upon JPCSP a few days ago, and i've been trying, with very limited success, to run this game.

i've used several different REV's and nothing seems to change. the problem is that once i load the game, it shows the square logo, the 10th anniversary logo, then goes completely black. i can start a new game and everything, but the ONLY thing that shows up is "new game" or "load game." the sound works perfectly from what i can tell, and when the intro movie is playing i can pause it and see the "pause" on the screen... but EVERYTHING else is black.

i'm using windows
1.83ghz processor
nvidia 7400 go (laptop)
2gb ram
sonicstage (as i said, sound works fine)

xuggle is installed but i've never used it. does it need to be in a certain directory? right now it's in c:/xuggle.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i've messed around with the settings and any change i make seems to have zero effect on the black screen problem. (before you ask, yes i make the changes, then reload jpcsp.)

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Antiga - 08-10-2011

Hello,

Hoping you fine folk can help me solve an issue.
I've been able to play this using the recommended settings. It does freeze occasionally, but that's not my main problem.
My main problem is that the character menu is real glitchy. Not sure how to explain it, when opening the menu (Triangle) it often gets stuck on a screen showing 2 metal plates against each other (I guess it shows these plates opening into the menu, normally). The easiest way to explain it would be that the menu does not refresh well. It does get into the menu, and I can do things, I just dont see what happens all the time. It often flickers the selection pointer when refreshing too fast, but most of the time is just stuck on a screen while im waiting for it to show me what I want to see. It seems to refresh faster when I play after just restarting my computer, but i've yet to test this. When refreshing it often shows the previous screen and the current one flickering trough each other before showing it normally (For example, when selecting a mail to read, it will flicker beteween the inbox and beteween the mail itself). I've tried to mess around with settings but nothing seems to make a difference, except changing the maximum method size in the compiler tab, but whatever difference it makes is minor and maybe just imaginary/coincidence.
And i'm wondering if it's normal the game freezes occasionally? So far only in, or right after battle. And with freeze I mean no response, being forced to exit jpcsp.
Win 7 32-bit
AMD PhenomII X4 955 ~3.2GHz
GeForce GTS 250 1GB
Ram 2x2 GB DDR3
I updated Java, installed sonicstage and jpcsp, all today. So maybe I need some software or update something else? This is my first experience with the program though i've used emulation software before.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Enabling the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" completely fixes this problem. The menu displays perfectly in real time.. however this causes an even more serious issue. Now out of menu, most or all text, savepoints and who knows what else dissapears. No "talk" indication when walking up to someone, no text boxes... It's curious to me that this single option fixes the problem and causes another. Any idea's?

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - unholyjebus - 08-11-2011

I've got a problem. The problem i've been having is that cutscenes are extremely juttery yet when i'm in game, it runs at perfect speed. I get around 44fps even when in cutscenes and from what i've read, that's more than enough. Here are my specs:

Intel core I7-2630QM (Quad Core) @ 2.00 GHz
4.00 GB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA Geforce GT 525M
JPCSP v0.6 r2263

Since I can get easily over 30fps, I wouldn't have thought that it's not a problem with my hardware. I'm using Media Engine and also used the recommended settings (experimented a little as well).

Also, there are a few problems with the sprites such as Zacks sword flying around inanimately and wierd rainbow coloured lines underneath the charecters feet. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

FIXED - Decreased the Maximum method size in the compiler tab from 500 to 50 and turned off Only GE graphics. Doing either one without the other didn't work.[/size]

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Antiga - 08-11-2011

Amazing. Your changed settings solved my issue as well, unholyjebus. Using recommended settings but by turning off GE graphics and putthing max method size to 50 it seems to work perfectly now!
Thanks Smile.
Edit: Played for hours non stop, doing missions only. No crashes no problems. Perfect!

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - unholyjebus - 08-12-2011

(08-11-2011, 11:01 PM)Antiga Wrote: Amazing. Your changed settings solved my issue as well, unholyjebus. Using recommended settings but by turning off GE graphics and putthing max method size to 50 it seems to work perfectly now!
Thanks Smile.
Edit: Played for hours non stop, doing missions only. No crashes no problems. Perfect!

It's nice to know that from selfishly asking someone to spend there free time fixing my problem I inadvertantly helped someone out. It's also nice to know that there's a good change that the game won't crash when I go to play it Big Grin

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - hyakki - 08-12-2011

(08-11-2011, 08:13 PM)unholyjebus Wrote: I've got a problem. The problem i've been having is that cutscenes are extremely juttery yet when i'm in game, it runs at perfect speed. I get around 44fps even when in cutscenes and from what i've read, that's more than enough. Here are my specs:
Intel core I7-2630QM (Quad Core) @ 2.00 GHz
4.00 GB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA Geforce GT 525M
JPCSP v0.6 r2263

Since I can get easily over 30fps, I wouldn't have thought that it's not a problem with my hardware. I'm using Media Engine and also used the recommended settings (experimented a little as well).

Also, there are a few problems with the sprites such as Zacks sword flying around inanimately and wierd rainbow coloured lines underneath the charecters feet. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I think I found out what the problem is when getting jittery movies / movement in game when using "Only Ge graphics" and Nvidia video cards.
1. Go into Nvidia Control Panel and turn Threaded optimization to Off (this option was just added/modified in recent drivers and that's about when the problem started so I tried turning that option off, and it seemed to fix it - for me at-least Smile )
(You can also Enable the stencil test option to fix the jitter, (this can cause a slowdown though and it's currently not very compatible with save GE to Texture option.)).

let me know if it works. if it does you can also make a custom profile for Java.exe with nvidiaInspector and disable this setting so then it wont effect other games/apps.

the sword glitch is caused from using a low maximum method size, set to 500+, 100 and under problems will show up like wrong colors sword acting strange ..etc.

RE: CRISIS COFINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - Antiga - 08-13-2011

(08-12-2011, 08:50 PM)hyakki Wrote: the sword glitch is caused from using a low maximum method size, set to 500+, 100 and under problems will show up like wrong colors sword acting strange ..etc.

I have this same issue as well, since the begin. Alot of dialogue and other pre-motioned scenes zack has his sword floating around him. This was with method size set to 500. In fact, right now with method size 500 or higher, the game gets quite laggy for me. With a method size of 50 it runs very smooth.
Though I had disabled "Only GE Graphics" before, it did not fix my initial problem with the menu. When I changed the method size as well, it did fix it. But the curious part is that whatever I do now with method size does not influence my initial problem anymore. So I did need to put it to 50 and disable "Only GE Graphics" to solve my issue, but now that it's solved, the method size is no longer needed at 50 to keep it solved. Sorry if this sounds confusing, just trying to help people, and myself, make sense of things.
Either way, considering the floating swords is my only issue remaining, it's a small price to pay to play this game smoothly. And I really don't mind anyway.

RE: CRISIS CORE:FINAL FANTASY VII - ULUS10336 - jaeger109 - 08-13-2011

i'm able to play the game, though optimizing is a work in progress at the moment. i'm still not able to display ANY fmv's at all. it's just a black screen. any ideas what could be the cause in that? also, after the second fight, where sephiroth shows up, the screen just hangs. the audio continues, but i'm stuck looking at the tip of seph's masamune...

any suggestions?