EmuNewz Network
Does JPCSP support plugins? - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Hardware infos (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Thread: Does JPCSP support plugins? (/showthread.php?tid=145989)

Pages: 1 2

Does JPCSP support plugins? - andimtheace - 05-12-2013

Hey everyone,

For the most part I'm new here - just installed JPCSP recently and I'm absolutely loving re-experiencing my games in HD with a PS3 controller Cool Huge kudos to everyone whose working on the project.

I have come across an obstacle though. I'm trying to get my Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep game to play undubbed thanks to a patch like it does on my PSP, however because most of the undubbing is done via plugins, I have no idea how this would work on a JPCSP or if it's even possible.

It runs on a .prx file that I would put into an "seplugins" folder, as well as modifying a "game.txt" in there as well, but I have no idea where I would create this with JPCSP and if it would even work. I've read in the past plugins are made specifically for PSPs and do not work on emulators, but it's been a few years since then so maybe that's changed.

Does anyone know how to do this or could point me in the right direction? Really appreciate all the feedback and support of this forum, and look forward to hearing from you guys!

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - Zekro - 05-12-2013

Jpcsp doesn't use plugins so there is no way to make it.You mean the regular Birth by sleep or the FM version?

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - andimtheace - 05-14-2013

(05-12-2013, 11:00 AM)virgil94 Wrote: Jpcsp doesn't use plugins so there is no way to make it.You mean the regular Birth by sleep or the FM version?

Thanks for the swift reply Virgil. Very unfortunate to hear, but that's life. JPCSP still kicks ass.

Final Mix of course!! Only way to go with all the extra content. From your avatar and signature refreshing to see you're a fan as well. Why do you ask?

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - Zekro - 05-15-2013

Yeah but there is not much use for plugins in jpcsp,let's take an example:The mp3 plugin,in jpcsp you can always mute the sound and make the media player play it.There are a lot of plugins that would be useless to jpcsp so that's why they didn't implement those things.

Well I have both versions and I guess I want to hear them in japanese too,not only in theater mode.Could you send me the link to the plugin?

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - andimtheace - 05-19-2013

(05-15-2013, 03:38 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Yeah but there is not much use for plugins in jpcsp,let's take an example:The mp3 plugin,in jpcsp you can always mute the sound and make the media player play it.There are a lot of plugins that would be useless to jpcsp so that's why they didn't implement those things.

Well I have both versions and I guess I want to hear them in japanese too,not only in theater mode.Could you send me the link to the plugin?

Ah that makes sense; I figured it was just a lot of detailed technical work they didn't want to bother with, but I can't think of any other time I would need to use a plugin besides this particular undub anyway. Guess most uses like you mentioned are pretty minute. Thanks for the insight.

Nice man as do I! I would be more than happy to send you the link. The project has been moved to another forum, but this is the original post that I used that should have everything you need to make things work:

http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31043

Enjoy and let me know how you like it!

By the way, since you're well familiar with JPCSP and also play Kingdom Hearts, would you happen to know if online play (whether just locally with wi-fi, or somehow with ad hoc online) is possible with this game? I saw there was ad hoc options in the settings but have no idea how that would work with an emulator.

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - Zekro - 05-19-2013

Thanks for the pluginBig Grin it's really helpful.You know my favorite game of KH is the KH 2 FM,it has a lot of extras that are awsome like playing vs Terra.I'm still playing it,right now trying to clear it for the 4th time.
About multiplayer....well I'm not that familiar to jpcsp as it runs extremely slow on my pc but on the multiplayer side I think it's still not perfect,some said that you can connect with another jpcsp on the same pc but when entering a battle in mirage arena it will happen the connection error.I see,so yosh did the undub patch,well I'm using his bbs easy modding station along with some mods like dark riku for Aqua and young xehanort for Terra.Kinda sad that it still didn't get any update.

You know,it's kinda fun to play multiplayer battles,played once with my cousin and as I expected I beat him very easilyTongue

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - andimtheace - 07-21-2013

Virgil! I am terribly sorry for the late response my friend. Got real busy with real life and stopped playing JPCSP/games in general, and totally forgot about posting here a few months ago. Didn't mean to leave you hanging like that!

Really glad you got to enjoy the plugin! Yeah Yosh and those guys are super talented; I know what you're talking about as I have the Easy Modding Station too. I agree, an update would be nice. If you're interested some guy did make an Aqua nude mod haha, it can be used in the Modding Station and there's even been 4 of 5 revisions for it! She's my favorite character and it's kind of weird seeing her naked in the game, but I had to download for kicks and I think it's hilarious someone even made it Tongue

Thanks for the multiplayer information! I'll try it out with low expectations.

Haha beat it 4 times, that's awesome. I think BBS is the best KH game just because the intertwining triple stories is so well-written and I love the new antagonists. Plus amazing mini-games like the command board make it extremely memorable Smile

By chance, do you have a PS3 and a PSN account? I hardly ever come on this forum, but you're a good guy and someone I'd like to stay connected to so I'd love to exchange PSN information if you use it and are okay with that. We can both get hyped for the HD Collection and KH3 on the PS4!!!!

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - Zekro - 07-21-2013

Well don't be sorry since I'm a patient guy.I too know what it's like to have bussines in real life and not be able to conect to the internet.
The Aqua nude mod:Yeah I knew it already but it's really.....XD you know you need a lot of imagination to come with that idea.I remember someone wanted to make a werewolf form for Terra.I've had the nude aqua mod with blue nipples O_O Yeah.....blue.I remember trying to make an Ichigo mod for Terra and also an invisible one for the armor.
It would be cool if KH III also has triple story like bbs.But I kind of can't imagine Kairi beeing the fighter type.Well I plan on buying a ps3 on winter since right now I'm on another country(Italy).But be sure that once I buy the ps3 I'll contact you.And yeah making the HD Remix was a good idea,hoping for the 2.5 HD remix too since it most likely will have BBS+KH II+Videos from Re:Coded.And I'm still waiting for tookyo game show on september,hope we see more info

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - andimtheace - 07-23-2013

(07-21-2013, 12:38 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Well don't be sorry since I'm a patient guy.I too know what it's like to have bussines in real life and not be able to conect to the internet.
The Aqua nude mod:Yeah I knew it already but it's really.....XD you know you need a lot of imagination to come with that idea.I remember someone wanted to make a werewolf form for Terra.I've had the nude aqua mod with blue nipples O_O Yeah.....blue.I remember trying to make an Ichigo mod for Terra and also an invisible one for the armor.
It would be cool if KH III also has triple story like bbs.But I kind of can't imagine Kairi beeing the fighter type.Well I plan on buying a ps3 on winter since right now I'm on another country(Italy).But be sure that once I buy the ps3 I'll contact you.And yeah making the HD Remix was a good idea,hoping for the 2.5 HD remix too since it most likely will have BBS+KH II+Videos from Re:Coded.And I'm still waiting for tookyo game show on september,hope we see more info

Thanks a lot for understanding my man!! I really appreciate that.

Hahaha yeah I have no idea what in the world that guy was thinking. I get he wanted to match her eyes and hair, but blue nipples....c'mon. I don't think even this was necessary, but since he decided to have custom colored pubes that should have more than sufficed his artistic desires.

Haha werewolf?? That sounds like an interesting idea. There are some pretty silly ones. Ichigo and Invisible would've been very cool! I'm sure it's very hard and time consuming to make that. I like using his Xemnas skin--that was well done.

I couldn't imagine Kairi doing that either, but she DID fight with a keyblade in KH2, to my great surprise. I hope they make a Birth By Sleep Volume 2 or at least use those characters a lot more in future console versions.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts buddy! It'll be great to stay in contact, especially with the HD Collections. I'm sure they will make an HD collection for Part 2 next year; in fact it's hinted at it in the HD collection's credits. They show cutscenes from all the games you mentioned, BBS, KH2 and RE:Coded. If I were you though, instead of buying a PS3 I would just get a PS4 since it's coming out this winter! It'll only be a few hundred dollars more, and you're going to need it to play KH3 anyway Smile

RE: Does JPCSP support plugins? - Zekro - 07-23-2013

Watching Kairi fight with a keyblade in KH II was like seeing a little kid tapping the ground with a stick XD I mean we didn't see if she actually slayed a heartless.They said there is a story for BBS Volume 2 but it won't be possible to be made(i guess they will make it after a few years)
That's why I was saying that the 2.5 hd collection will be like that,some people say that they want to have Dream Drop Distance in the 2.5 one but that wouldn't be.......well it would be awsome but I don't think it will be integrated.
Well I want to buy first the ps3 since there are a lot of good games now like:Bleach Soul Resureccion,Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm 2 and 3,DBZ Raging Blast 2 and more.Also I hear that ps4 will play ps3 games using something like gaikai(I don't remember exactly the name) which is via streaming(I could be wrong though) also KH 3 may take 2 years to be out since Nomura said that maybe it was to early to show a trailer at this stage of development,which means they've got a lot of work.
My plan is to buy this winter the ps3 and then after a year or 2 buy the ps4 Smile good plan isn't it?