EmuNewz Network

Full Version: is graphic card an issue for jpcsp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, i usually played jpcsp latest (now is 2718) with desktop pc with amd sempron 140 overclocked 3.45GHz, ram 2gb, ati radeon hd4350 memory + gpu overclock, win7 32bit sp1 and java7. (so far my gpu shows no errors and fast when plaing project diva 2nd and extend)

i want to try out playing with my barebone msi ms-1027, with intel core 2 duo (centrino duo) with 1.67GHz dual-core, intel gma 950 (chipset intel express 945), upgraded 1gb ram, win7 32bit sp1 and java7. i cannot run jpcsp... i searched for solution and i should change the .bat data inside (1024 to 512). i tried but no luck... so i gave up...

but there's time when i tried to played jpcsp with my 3X slower than my desktop, netbook. its intel atom n475 1.86GHz dual-threaded single-core, intel gma 3150, 1gb ram, win7 32bit sp1 and java7. its miracle!! it can run jpcsp (even though its slow)!! i even not changed the .bat data to 512!! well, my ram are almost full....

anyways, i just wondered why my 3X slower netbook, can played jpcsp while my dual-core barebone laptop, cant? is it because the graphic?

i compared the graphic. intel gma 3150 has more speed than intel gma 950, almost 2X faster than it (166MHz core speed).

i update all drivers for my barebone laptop. but, still not work...
so my question is, intergrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 950 (GMA950) graphic can run JPCSP or not?

it should run.

java installation issue probably?
Mmmm, i guess his problem is the message that say JPCSP can't run games since the search he make suggest to change the Java Heap size; common issue knowed on Intel HD Graphics. If i'm right the showed message must be this one:
[attachment=9930]
If that your problem you should check what OpenGL version is included with your graphic driver and what's your current color depth.

Also, latest release of JPCSP can be found here: (For today is 2758)
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
I was thinking what actually happens when he says "jpcsp won't run". He didn't say jpcsp can't run games. I think jpcsp itself won't run at all.

Could you clarify, ikmalhidayat?
You can Play Cube demo fine?

This problem because Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 950 Only support Opengl 1.4

But it's possible Jpcsp detected Opengl = Null.
(10-04-2012, 07:09 PM)jeremymd Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking what actually happens when he says "jpcsp won't run". He didn't say jpcsp can't run games. I think jpcsp itself won't run at all.

Could you clarify, ikmalhidayat?

yeah. it couldnt run at all. well, i find almost similar case article to me but... wont worked. the person (the article) cannot run jpcsp cuz of ram shortage. to prove this, he need to change the jpcsp .bat data from 1024 to 512. but for my case, it wouldnt....

well, again to highlight things, Intel GMA950 slower than Intel GMA 3150 but better compatibility (can run atleast codmw3 at 1fps but with gma 3150, no luck at all)(maybe its true... for me).
i think i should try update my drivers, my java and also use the most latest jpcsp.

side question: single-core with >3GHz can run jpcsp faster than dual-core with >1.66GHz, right?
now, it works. well, the graphic is not nice because when i turn on anisotropic (jpcsp) with 2x screen, its super blur... i turn of it and its too sharp and pixelized. even i turned on save GE graphic to video memory instead of memory (similar). usually, when i enable this, the graphic is like at native. even i scale it bigger (2x), its still not pixelize (with my desktop and netbook). but why my barebone laptop like this?
can you guys help me... i have encountered "graphic card needs to be updated" error. How can i fix this?
update your graphic card driver.