EmuNewz Network

Full Version: JPCSP not working on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried to get JPCSP running on my Linux box but without luck. The distribution is broken and needs fixing. The build is jpcsp-2643-linux-amd64.7z .

If you try to run it you get this error:
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
(... snip ... )
The error happens because liblwjgl.so does not exist in lib/linux-amd64 . What does exist though is liblwjgl64.so . A symlink fixes the problem:
ln -sf liblwjgl64.so liblwjgl.so
The correct fix is to strip 64 from the library name as the emulator seems to expect it without 64 suffix.

This is unfortunately not enough.

Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/games/emulation/jpcsp/lib/linux-amd64/liblwjgl64.so: libjawt.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
(... snip ... )
This is a bug in lwjgl looking in the wrong place for the libs. A temporary fix is adding this before the java line in start-linux-amd64.sh :
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/icedtea7/jre/lib/amd64:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
Replace the path with the one of your java vm. This is only a temporary hack. The real fix is to use the non-broken lwjgl jar that fixed this problem.

Once these fixes are in place the emulator starts.

EDIT: Sound problem vanished. A dead process kept the device open.

EDIT: In the control window the combo box at the top is empty or shows two times the GamePad whereas the first entry seems to be the keyboard. If the list is empty saving causes a NullPointer exception.
Are you using Java 7? As I recall, I had the same errors when using Java 7 for JPCSP under Ubuntu. JPCSP runs perfectly fine as is with Java 6 in Ubuntu though.
Using IcedTea not Sun Java.

Some addition to the above. It works now. Looks like on another desktop hidden a dead VirtualBox process kept the audio device open unnoticed. It works now.

The input dialog though still is strange. Now it shows the GamePad two times in the list but the first entry seems to be the keyboard and the second really the GamePad. Other than that I managed to start the ISO in question. Just the sprite images are mixed up somehow (like the same sprite image used for all sprite images).

I changed the first topic to reflect the changes.